• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

09 Rendevous

CaptDan

Member III
Since nobody else has posted about last week's Viking Rendevous in Port Townsend, I'll take the first step:

I had a great time. Nice to see the familiar old faces and to meet some new ones and their great boats. Loren and his lovely wife Kathy pulled it all together working with the Point Hudson Marina to make it happen.

Good times drinking 'firewater' on Harold & Jessie's (yeah, I'll never forget your name again, girl :nerd:) 'Mischiefmaker.' I doubt there's ever been a more fitting name for a yacht. :egrin:

Of course, thanks to Sean for making this site happen, too. Almost 10 years, eh Bud? (BTW, I waited for you two at the Lighthouse Cafe Sunday. What? Ya stood me up! Too hung over, I'll betcha:egrin:) Look forward to seeing the official group photo posted here.

My only regret is I couldn't sail up to the event. The weather was quite cooperative - like it ALWAYS is up here in the Pac Norwest, right?:)

And Dick, Nick and everybody else I met for the first time: great to meet you all. Hope to see you again.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Here are a few photos. Sean should have the famous group photo...
I was looking down from the deck at the Harbor Master's office. Not all boats were present when these were snapped.
About eleven boats attended altogether, as I remember counting -- and I might have missed some.
Between 30 and 40 vikings came to the pot luck, and some got prizes for various feats, like having come the farthest and such. People were exceedingly nice about helping to set up and then broom the floor and put chairs and tables away. The port personnel inspected it when we were done and said we had left it properly secured.
(As young mister Grace used to say on that classic Britcom: "You've all done very very Well!")

It was great to meet and get to know some of the other owners. Among the leftovers from that dinner we find a plastic bag of plastic spoons, etc. I have no idea who brought that and now wonder if they want the unused ones back...
:rolleyes:

I look forward to next year!

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

ps: a special thanks to Jessie for the chocolate and to Harold also for the... Apple Pie!

Attachments

• people n dogs 09.jpg
    people n dogs 09.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Ericsons n dogs 09.jpg
    Ericsons n dogs 09.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 68
  • two ericsons 09.jpg
    two ericsons 09.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 09 rendezvous CN boats.jpg
    09 rendezvous CN boats.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 68

tooblaaave

Member I
09 ronday vue

Thanx to all @ the big do in port townsend for making athena and me felling so welcome. We had a great time and sailing there and back was a great treat for us. Learned a great deal from you all. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanx to Loren and Kathy for all your hard work to pull it off and Sean thanx so muxh for your dedication to this sight, it has been a major source for me. Nic and Athena, Ericson 27 ToBlaave.

hodo

Member III
Just want to say THANK YOU to Loren for making the rendezvous in Port Townsend happen. The crew of Mischief :devil: Maker had a Great time, as did my son and lady friend. Chris and Kirk did also, from what they remember.
I also want to thank Sean for all his work for the Ericson group everywhere. We just happen to be lucky enough to have him here in the Northwest.
It was good to renew friendships with the folks from previous times, and to meet new participants.

Fair Winds, Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Here are a few photos. Sean should have the famous group photo...

Yeah, I'll get them out tomorrow after breakfast....

Oh, and yes - THANKS to EVERYONE who came. It was great seeing you guys again, and Meeta and I enjoyed ourselves a great deal (although I think I ate about 8000 calories worth)...

//sse

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Yeah, I'll get them out tomorrow after breakfast....

Oh, and yes - THANKS to EVERYONE who came. It was great seeing you guys again, and Meeta and I enjoyed ourselves a great deal (although I think I ate about 8000 calories worth)...

//sse

To all you Ericson owners who wanted the Redezvous changed from Father's day to a date near to where it was held-- WHERE WERE YOU ??!!:rolleyes::esad: It was a great Rendezvous!!!

Chas and Judi SV Eden E30+