• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

12v Interior Light Covers Needed

bigtyme805

Member III
Can anyone direct me where I can purchase new covers for my Interior lights. They are the common square models. I checked WM and Boaters World, no dice!

I checked online but its like checking a needle in a haystack.

The ones I have are starting to get a yellow coloring like cigarette smoke and I don't smoke.

Thanks

sleather

Sustaining Member
RV World

Try RV suppliers. Many interior lights were used in both applications(mine were) and they're easier to search(sorry, no links), Good Luck!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
http://rvpartsoutlet.com/index.php?cPath=819

Found this in a couple o' clicks on Google....

Your might want poke around in their "lighting parts" section.

Any large RV supply stores in your fair city might have parts or could order them.
When you take your present light down, is there a manufacturer name and/or model anywhere?
Best,
Loren

Last edited:

Sam Vickery

Member III
Interior lights

Don,

Minneys in Costa Mesa (949) 548-4192 has been known to carry boxes of new interior lights that might work for you. When they have them they are usually upstairs and to the right. It's a fun place to look around. I have no affiliation with them.

Good luck,

Sam
86' 32-3

bigtyme805

Member III
Sam,

I have been to Minney's once in my life about 4 years ago. It is quite a place could spend a week there and still not cover everything. Maybe I will venture down there, hate going through LA but I am doing a boat delivery and this may be the time to hit Minney's.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Light options

I need to replace a couple of my light covers on my E27, so I will keep my eye on this thread as well.

One of the things I did since I was doing alot of night sailing and crossing of the straits in the dark was to put in a three way switch on the light housing in the main cabin and than I mounted a second bulb internal to the fixture which houses a red bulb which is much easier on the eyes when you are below in the dark. White in port and red while under sail at night with a toggle switch at the base of the lights. It was simple and inexpensive improvement that I highly recommend if you sail at night.
KJ

Last edited: