• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1973 Ericson 27 in SF Bay Area For Sail

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Selling by beloved E27. Newer Pineapple full batten main. Tri-radial 80% Jib and older Dacron 95% in good shape. This is a tiller boat with a roomy cockpit (wheel version is very over rated and cramped for space) and 9.9 Tohatsu extra long shaft with electric start. All lines lead aft with single line reefing system. Harken traveler, updated stronger section boom, Spinnaker with rigging and pole, 2 speed winches and mostly Harken blocks, also a Forespare tiller extension. Bottom done last year. I learned how to sail and how to confidently single-hand this boat. It has taken my family to SF Bay on many October outings to Fleet Week and Angel Island. It's made many a trip up river to Owl Harbor for weekend camping, swimming and sailing. If you are new or newer to sailing, this boat has a lot of the lessons learned ready to go. $8,500
IMG_2649.JPGcc4f58a7-8b31-44ba-b73e-aea6fd7b6f87.JPGIMG_3185.JPG

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Hey Grant,

Are you buying a 911?
Yeah Mark. I bought it. It's bit over my head technically and costwise. My E27 is so simple to own and sail. I think I made a good move? New boat is well cared for, well equipped, and maintained. Do you know this boat or owner "Bill"? He's in Scott's Valley. Another aged out victim as we will all be at sometime. Nice fella.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Hi Grant. Beautiful boat! Do you have interior pictures? I am an owner of a similar boat.
Funny, I don't think I have any interior pictures! I have pictures taken of things inside but not "of" the inside. The inside of my boat is in really good conditions considering it's age. Very comfortable. Anything specific you want to see or know?

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Whether you are advertising here or elsewhere, I think you will have better luck if you post more pictures.
The purpose of an ad is to get the buyer to the dock. Worth 1000 words, etc. etc.
If your boat really is nice, then let the photos tell the story.

Not a professional,

Just my $.02,

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Agree. And also, for the new boat, you'll need a photo record of projects for reference--and putting things back together.

The key to successful boat photos belowdecks is a wide-angle lens on a smartphone. They're cheap and they just clip on.