• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1979 E27

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ouch. The member is selling his boat. In Hawaii, where prices are what they are. Judging of asking price is best done by prospective buyers, seems to me.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Oops sorry, didn’t mean to offend anyone. Good morning to you too Christian!

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That's likely one of the last of that model. In a long model run, there will be a lot of incremental upgrades incorporated into it. The diesel is worth some $$, depending on survey of course.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I've noticed this before, the quarter berth on the 1979 is raised like the earlier E27's. I wonder why Ericson went back to that setup. I'm guessing because the berth is wider when located higher on the hull...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I owned an E27 for 18 years and still love the boat. But you can dump a lot a money into it (as I did) and it is still an E27.
Getting off topic and I apologize, but after sailing our Niagara 26 for ten years we still loved it but... it was shrinking. I (finally) really wanted a boat that would fit my 6'2" height. That said, the E-27 is a much roomier boat than our former Niagara which displaced just a tad over 4K#.
FWIW, we never regretted any of the $ we put into that boat. Or, our present boat!
:)

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Getting off topic and I apologize, but after sailing our Niagara 26 for ten years we still loved it but... it was shrinking. I (finally) really wanted a boat that would fit my 6'2" height. That said, the E-27 is a much roomier boat than our former Niagara which displaced just a tad over 4K#.
FWIW, we never regretted any of the $ we put into that boat. Or, our present boat!
:)
So now that you have a bigger boat...are you getting smaller? I know I seem to be shrinking a little every year.

alcodiesel

Bill McLean
The E27 is a heck of a boat. Easily manageable for single handing, as evidenced by my sailing 2-3 times a week. I have a new rig- including chain plates and sail the daylights out of her. I've upgraded everything. At a modest 27 foot everything is affordable.

Just for reference I paid $6200 in 2015

Attachments

• Valhalla-...jpg
    Valhalla-...jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 27
The E27 is a heck of a boat. Easily manageable for single handing, as evidenced by my sailing 2-3 times a week. I have a new rig- including chain plates and sail the daylights out of her. I've upgraded everything. At a modest 27 foot everything is affordable.

She’s a beauty.

gabriel

Live free or die hard

your e27 has external chainplates? Was that a modification?

alcodiesel

Bill McLean
Yes. I had a run in with a channel marker and amongst other things, broke a chain plate. In the autopsy we noted rust in the weld where it was welded to a horizontal plate imbedded in glass.

So I wanted all the chainplates replaced and I wanted exterior. They are bolted to that same SS horizontal bar. Inspection is very easy and I think they give her a more traditional appearance. Moving them out one inch- I do not notice any difference in her pointing. But she's no rocket sled anyway.