• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1983 universal 3 point motor mount

[h=4]1983 universal 3 point motor mount
moderated.gif
[/h]by hilco woudstra
, 09-07-2018 at 02:46 PM

On Sketcher I have the Universal (Kaboto) 3 cylinder motor. It has that 3 point motor mount system.
Sketcher is a 1983 35-3 style.

The front mount can not tighten on to the fiberglass with the lag bolts. I can fill the two holes with resin and re-bore....but.
Would like to go for the 4 mount system.

Has anyone done this and can the parts be bought?

Hilco Woudstra on Sketcher​
<dl class="blogcategory stats" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; height: 13px; font-size: 11px;"><dt class="shade" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); display: inline;">Categories</dt> <dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline;">Uncategorized</dd></dl>

JSM

Member III
Had the same problem and successfully converted to 4 point mount. Go thru the thread that Loren linked and feel free to contact me.

Gentlemen....thank you...allot to read and go through...helps.
Stanley at Beta Marine is close to me, when he returns from a show...will talk with him also.

Thanks again.

JSM

Member III
Stanley at Beta Marine is close to me, when he returns from a show...will talk with him also.

I met Stanley at the Chicago boat show. He was the one who suggested that I convert to 4 mounts. He's a wealth of information , you're lucky to have him close.

Very lucky to have Stanley close by.

Years ago (before Beta) he would come by and give advise. His saying...."keep it simple".

Hilco....proud owner of an Ericson 35......since new in 1983.