• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1986 38-200 fuel tank feed faulty

FrankZ

Member I
Hello,

I've had a persistent problem with the fuel tank at about half full not feeding fuel to the engine in rough seas, especially on a starboard tack. The engine will quit as if out of fuel, when I know I've got 20 gallons or so left. Once the boat levels out, I can restart the engine. When I refuel, approximately 25 gallons will fill the tank. It's a 59 gallon tank (aluminum and I don't think it was swaped out for a smaller tank), so there should have been plenty of fuel in the tank when the engine failed. Has anyone had the same problem. Does the syphon line or feed line in the tank only go about halfway down into the tank? Any help would be appreciated.

Frank Z.

hodo

Member III
hi Frank, the first thing I would do is make sure your vent system is clear. you also might want to make sure the fuel line is hooked up to the correct port. I recall one a few years ago with a similar problem, and it turned out some one had swapped the fuel supply with the reurn fitting on the tank. Turns out some times they put a tail pipe on the return so it doesn't create foaming and the tube went down about half way into the tank. good luck, let us know...... Harold S/V mischief :devil: Maker