• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1986 E32-3 Head Faucet Brand for Parts?

newgringo

Member III
Shown in the picture is the Head Sink Faucet and the broken Valve from the cold side. I can't find a brand or model for sourcing parts. If anybody knows just what Brand this Faucet is and or where I can get new parts it would be appreciated. I did try an RV parts place and they could not match it. And one member suggested JC Whitney but they had the same parts as the RV place. My next option is a new faucet assembly which is probably a better bet but I just wanted a quick fix for the remaining summer. Thanks - Jerry

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 60

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Home Depot

I replaced the head faucet on our boat with a Home Depot special. We wanted one that had a swivelling spigot that "stuck out" a little further into the center of the sink. It fit perfectly, and cost about $20.

Coincidentally, when we pulled out the old one we noticed it was the same brand as the new one! :)

EDIT: I just took a closer look at your pic, and while your fixture looks nearly identical to our old one, we do not have the shower valve on ours. And I doubt if Home Depot has that. :(

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Don't bother repairing an old faucet like that, you'll drive yourself crazy. Faucets come in just a couple of standard configurations -- number of holes through the surface, and width between the hot and cold valve holes. Figure out what you've got there, and decide if you can replace it with something similar or need to drill some new holes. If you have decent access and a hole saw, it's a really easy job.

I've gotten several very good faucets at great prices from dealyard.com. In fact the one in my galley now is this:
http://www.dealyard.com/catalog/Kit...na-Stainless-Steel-Single-Hole-Kitchen-Faucet

(That's a one-holer, with another hole for the vegetable sprayer. It was so easy to install that I added another hole for a liquid soap dispenser.)

Are you sure you need the shower extension separate from the faucet like the one you have? They sell many kitchen faucets with a showerhead-like thing that pulls out of the main faucet, which requires one less valve.

Bill Sanborn

Member III
Head Faucet

It looks like an Alston, same as the one on my 79 E29.

I tried to find parts for it several times a few years ago, no luck.

If it is just leaking, the o'rings and washers are replaceable. Take the old ones to Lowes and check their plumbing section.

newgringo

Member III
Fixed

Thanks for comments. After looking at several places for parts I took the easy way out and just bought a new faucet from West Marine. Pretty cheap, about $25. I could have done the job in less time than I spent looking for parts. But we tried. I wanted a better spigot arrangement and Home Depot had tons of them, but alas none with shower diverters. I think I'll go with a fancy single hole type next time around.

Brian K

Member III
You can have your new faucet and use it for the handheld shower even without the diverter. I replaced the head basin faucet last winter with a relatively inexpensive single lever one from HD. I also found a brass fitting that attaches the shower hose to the faucet. All I have to do is remove the aerator from the faucet, screw in the adaptor, then attach the shower hose to the adaptor. No tools necessary, everything is just finger tightened. Quick, easy, inexpensive and does the job!!