• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1988 Ericson 38-200 for sale in West Vancouver

Kerry Kukucha

Member II
Ahoy: well... after 16 joyous years with my beloved NAKESA, I am sadly, going to the darkside!
NAKESA is a turn-key vessel which I have lovingly maintained, with an extensive list of upgrades.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 41

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The ad states: "Shoe box hull to deck joint".
Incorrect, and that's a different type of weaker hull/deck connection that cheaper boats had (and still have).
Your hull and deck are glassed together on the inside, i.e. made into a monocoque structure.
Please have the broker fix the description.

The whole boat looks very clean and ready to go. And... the present favorable exchange rate could have a US customer knocking on their door pretty fast.

Last edited:

maubin5

Member I
Ahoy: well... after 16 joyous years with my beloved NAKESA, I am sadly, going to the darkside!
NAKESA is a turn-key vessel which I have lovingly maintained, with an extensive list of upgrades.
Beautiful, have the same model, I would had interior pictures :)

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Beautiful boat, thanks for the additional. Someone will be very happy to find this boat, we are sure happy with ours.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I don't approve of brokers intentionally playing dumb about engine hours--reporting this boat has about "300" on what sounds like the original Atomic diesel. And without "explanation." (The probable explanation being that the Hobbs meter reads 300 because it was replaced 300 hours ago after the original broke--and might have been inoperable for 10 years before that. Rule of thumb is 50 engine hours/year for sailboats. All brokers know that.)

Looks good in pictures, though.

maubin5

Member I
Yeah 300 isn’t real unless there is a typo. Our boat has a bit over 3000 hours and it’s a 1990. It does look good and alot like ours except the mast is white, engine a yanmar and the winches Lewmar. Interior is an exact match, same blue upholstery :) love the boat just need to get out there a bit more