• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019-2020 Fund Raising Season Now Open!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Happy Holidays, everyone! :xmas_sant

When I typed in the title above for this message, I was shocked - as this year coming up will be our >>> 20th YEAR <<< on the internet!

To celebrate, I wanted to let you know about a big change coming to our house - I am taking a sabbatical from work and will be updating our website over the course of the next few months! Actually, I'm taking the sabbatical to finish my architecture license - but I have made arrangements to upgrade this site and move us to a new platform in January!

This has been a long time in coming - began in January 2017, actually - however once we get over to the new platform, I think you will be very, very happy with the result. The new software will give us much better security, more flexibility in services offered - and the Archives will become an integral part of the overall package (not just an add-on as it is here). We will have ties directly into Social Media and YouTube, and a whole host of other things that I will FINALLY have the time to do. There is already a installation of the software on our server, you can see it here (not much to see at this point - and is locked - but it's been tested and is functioning well:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/ie/index.php

I will be putting out a number of threads for the upgrade and advising all the particulars as we get closer. I work through the end of the year - so this won't start until after Jan 1st - but I am very much look forward to the transition and the improvements it will bring!

.... And now, down to business:

As usual, this is the time of year when we open the fund raising efforts to the membership - and with a bunch of small donations, the bills get paid and (this year), we'll be buying new software licenses, some consulting developer time and associated items. If you would like to help out, please go to the Donations Page to learn more about supporting this site and the Ericson Community:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/content.php?137-Donation-Policy

Thanks again for your support of EricsonYachts.org - we wish you a Happy, Healthy and Joyous Holiday!

//sse :egrin:

Sean Engle
Owner/Admin, www.EricsonYachts.org

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Sean,
I'm pleased to hear that you're still working on our site. It's so useful to us all.
I clicked on the PayPal spot in your post to make a donation, but it requires a US Zip code and State, but I'm Canadian. Is there a way I can do this using PayPal? I know I've done so in the past, but can't remember how I did it.
If I can't use PayPal this year, let me know and I'll send a cheque.
Thanks!
Frank Langer

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi Sean,
I'm pleased to hear that you're still working on our site. It's so useful to us all.
I clicked on the PayPal spot in your post to make a donation, but it requires a US Zip code and State, but I'm Canadian. Is there a way I can do this using PayPal? I know I've done so in the past, but can't remember how I did it.
Thanks!
Frank Langer

It's on the second screen after the initial dialog - you select the country of origin - and that choice should inform the layout of the address, etc.

//sse

PayPal Screen 2.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yup!

I'm in again, too, Tom.
This way I can also maintain my membership in the SFOGHOSE. (society for occasional good-natured harassment of smart engineers)... :egrin:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks for your reply, Sean about using PayPal from Canada - - it worked as you suggested, and donation has been made.
Thanks for all your work on keeping the site going!
Frank Langer

texlan

Member I
Blogs Author
Impossible to say how greatful I am to you, this site, and this community.

Thanks Sean!!!

--Sean

:cheers:

ewade

Paypal link

Hi Frank, I'm from Nanaimo too. Just got the message from Loren about donating. I was able to click on the Paypal link successfully and donate USD through my credit card. Hope you're able to do the same, it's much easier than snail mailing a cheque! Merry Christmas,
Elaine

Hi Sean,
Thanks!
Frank Langer

desert sailer

So glad to be here

I am so excited to get access to the site there is so much information for a guy trying to bring a 1974 Erickson 35 back to life

Lucky Dog

Member III
Thanks
After all these years...still my comfort zone...my distant relatives, that I want to hear from.

Thanks Sean for all you do, maintaining his site, adding valuable insights, warding of the Russians....defending our home.

mark