2021 Rendez Vous Planning?

wurzner

Member III
Hellow Vikings

First off..I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and this message finds you all save and healthy, as I am sure you are missing family and friends. Truth be known...me too. In my case, some of those friends are the Vikings that I used to have the privledge of calling myself one as well. I have since sold my boat, but would like to try and meet up if there is a 2021 event in the makings? While my new boat is not a Bruce King design, German Frers and Bruce King share some common design considerations! I would enjoy "crashing" the party and keeping in touch with a community of friends I was "officially" part of for ~18 years. So as a former Viking, I look forward to hearing about any possible 2021 events of any kind.

Have a Happy New Year and please stay safe...stay well!

Cheers
Shaun Wurzner
PS. A few photos of the new boat.

Attachments

• 20201122_120124.jpg
    20201122_120124.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20201122_115945.jpg
    20201122_115945.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20201225-213958_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201225-213958_Gallery.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 22

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hellow Vikings

First off..I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and this message finds you all save and healthy, as I am sure you are missing family and friends. Truth be known...me too. In my case, some of those friends are the Vikings that I used to have the privledge of calling myself one as well. I have since sold my boat, but would like to try and meet up if there is a 2021 event in the makings? While my new boat is not a Bruce King design, German Frers and Bruce King share some common design considerations! I would enjoy "crashing" the party and keeping in touch with a community of friends I was "officially" part of for ~18 years. So as a former Viking, I look forward to hearing about any possible 2021 events of any kind.

Have a Happy New Year and please stay safe...stay well!

Cheers
Shaun Wurzner
PS. A few photos of the new boat.
Wow, that looks like a pretty boat. Can you provide some more details?
And yes, we are looking forward to the next Ericson rendezvous when that becomes possible. Shannon Jones had done alot of good work before the 2020 meet was cancelled, so maybe she could be persuaded to pick it up again.
Frank

wurzner

Member III
Wow, that looks like a pretty boat. Can you provide some more details?
And yes, we are looking forward to the next Ericson rendezvous when that becomes possible. Shannon Jones had done alot of good work before the 2020 meet was cancelled, so maybe she could be persuaded to pick it up again.
Frank
Hi Frank, I feel like I should sit on the sidelines and simply try and figure out how to meet up with you folks. As for the boat, it is hull#1 of 12 Hylas 51's made before they replaced it with the 54. That being said..it is really fun! Getting 10 knots out of it is pretty easy with just the head sail in 17 knots of wind and she really feels good. Not a Santa Cruz 50 or a race boat by any means, but a very spirited 40,000 lb cruiser! Cheers, Shaun

Oh, and being at Semiahmoo...open to the gulf islands too if the border opens!