• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2021 Rendez Vous Planning?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For us Portlanders there is the additional wrinkle of not having any fuel dock open north of Astoria West Basin. Actually I am not sure about Westport, LaPush and Neah Bay are both closed until at least the fall.
If there is a meet-up in the central Sound or south... we could drive up. Maybe have a rendezvous in the US waters and in the BC waters, same weekend, and have some time to cross connect via Zoom, if both locations have decent wifi. (?)
:)

As for a fall gathering, once past about mid September it gets kind of iffy for us to plan a trip down the coast home.

Touchrain

Member III
Last I heard (unofficial, but somewhat reliable)... the border's not going to be open by July. At least not for small-boat clearances.

Which makes the 25 bucks I spent for a 2021 DTOPS sticker a little annoying. Whatever. I'll add it to my list.

In the meantime.... any thoughts gaining momentum for a 2021 rendezvous for the Southern Resident Pod? As much as I love the San Juans, I'd be totally open to meeting somewhere in the south- or central-Sound.

Bremerton? Poulsbo? Gig Harbor? Heck, I'd love an excuse to trek all the way down to Olympia, assuming there's a gathering place with handy restaurants and brew pubs. #Priorities

I'd be fine with a Fall Rendezvous, too. Whatever works for the group. I'd just love to take at least one step back toward "normal life" in 2021, and meeting up with a bunch of EYO'ers would totally check that box.

Bruce
Well, there certainly are plenty of places to tip a mug and eat in Olympia. But I’m game elsewhere. Will be cruising as far as San Juans in July. September sounds good.

Jamiem

Member II
We plan to be in the Vancouver area around Aug 1st provided no additional surprises during refit.
As for the borders, who knows but all the propaganda here in Canada points to a July opening.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Greetings to everyone on the 'traditional' NWER weekend! :egrin:

I look forward to seeing everyone up in BC - whenever that is!

//sse

Ajeffery

Th ‘BC Restart Plan” officially mentions the opening of the US border as targeted for September 1; of course it depends on the federal government and how things look to the powers that be in Ottawa.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have friends that have done their covid test and been allowed into BC as tourists, via automobile, in the last month. They had their proof of vaccination, too.

What with the spread of the new variant, it looks like the next year will continue to have questions and concerns hanging over it.
All that said, it seems like we should at least do some preliminary thinking and planning for a July 2022 rendezvous. At least have a potential destination in mind. Do we want to have a US gathering and also a CN gathering? (Just tossing out ideas.)

Thanks
Loren, way south in Portland