• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2022 Ericson PNW Rendezvous, Genoa Bay July 22-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for everyone who participated in the poll on the date for the 2022 date for the 2022 rendezvous. The crew at Genoa Bay Marina look forward to welcoming Ericson boats from across the PNW on July 22-24. To book please call the marina at 1 250 746 7621 or 1-800-572-6481 and indicate you are part of the 2022 Ericson PNW Rendezvous group.

For more information on the marina can be found here: http://genoabaymarina.com/

Now that we have a date and location it is time to have some fun and plan the weekend. As many of you know this is my first time organizing. I am hoping to lean on those who have participated or planned a past event to help guide the details. If you have any ideas or would like to help out please send me a note or post in this thread. I will collect ideas and set up a zoom meeting mid March to finalize the details.

Thanks again everyone! It will be so great to finally meet you in person.

Shannon

Last edited by a moderator:

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Totally new to the group so I'm open to any and all ideas from those with more experience. Things on my list to learn with regard the new boat are different ways people's rigs are set up, different self-steering setups, and how people have electrical systems set up. Thoughts and recommendations on year-round sailing in the region is my #1 with regards to the area since I'm new to that as well.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Shannon,
Gartside Marine and UK Sails in Sidney both have a good reputation, and might be willing to attend for a presentation. Could be diesel engine trouble shooting, basic maintenance, more advanced like valve adjustment or removal of injectors for service. Or considerations in buying new sails, sail checks and maintenance. Jeff Cote from Pacific Yacht Systems in Vancouver might be willing to speak on how to check 12V electrical systems, battery purchase and maintenance, coordinating navigation equipment.
A potluck dinner on Saturday has worked well in the past. Identifying a couple of hours of "open house" to view other boats for project ideas and upgrades is always interesting. An informal byob wine and cheese where everyone can gather and share info on possible anchorages and destinations for those who want to cruise in the Gulf Islands or beyond might be useful for members. Just some thoughts...
Frank

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
This form, perhaps revised as appropriate, in a plastic sleeve in case of rain, could be made available to all owners, then clipped to their lifeline to provide info on each boat in attendance. It might prompt questions and facilitate discussions and camaraderie.
Frank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-212306_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-212306_Word.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14

Kamell

Folks, I work at Raven Marine in Sidney. I may be able to arrange a guest speaker on either mechanical, electrical or rigging.
And my trade is canvas and upholstery.
I will ask around and get back to the group.

on my end I would love to learn more about possible diesel alternatives to our old pressurized alcohol stove..

kevin

Stuphoto

Member III
It's my busy time at work, so I doubt I have enough time to sail there.
However I may be able to drive up for a day.
It would sure be nice meeting some of you, and seeing what you have done to your boats.

Crossing my fingers hoping that UK has my sails finished by then.
I will request that date with my order, being confirmed next week

If someone has a 25 mk1 with a stock mast and rigging there it would be even better demoing them on it.

Oh Kevin,
That's great to know.
I may be looking to get my cushions upholstered at that time.

Last edited:
Folks, I work at Raven Marine in Sidney. I may be able to arrange a guest speaker on either mechanical, electrical or rigging.
And my trade is canvas and upholstery.
I will ask around and get back to the group.

on my end I would love to learn more about possible diesel alternatives to our old pressurized alcohol stove..

kevin
Thank you Kevin.

Shannon,
Gartside Marine and UK Sails in Sidney both have a good reputation, and might be willing to attend for a presentation. Could be diesel engine trouble shooting, basic maintenance, more advanced like valve adjustment or removal of injectors for service. Or considerations in buying new sails, sail checks and maintenance. Jeff Cote from Pacific Yacht Systems in Vancouver might be willing to speak on how to check 12V electrical systems, battery purchase and maintenance, coordinating navigation equipment.
A potluck dinner on Saturday has worked well in the past. Identifying a couple of hours of "open house" to view other boats for project ideas and upgrades is always interesting. An informal byob wine and cheese where everyone can gather and share info on possible anchorages and destinations for those who want to cruise in the Gulf Islands or beyond might be useful for members. Just some thoughts...
Frank
Thanks Frank. I took a two day marine maintenance diesel course with Ben at Gartside. It was great. I will reach out and see what I can find out. Great ideas. I will put together a draft itinerary for the weekend once I reach out to a few folks.

Last edited:
Totally new to the group so I'm open to any and all ideas from those with more experience. Things on my list to learn with regard the new boat are different ways people's rigs are set up, different self-steering setups, and how people have electrical systems set up. Thoughts and recommendations on year-round sailing in the region is my #1 with regards to the area since I'm new to that as well.
Thanks for the ideas and getting the conversation going. Love the idea of recommendations. Will definitely find a way to tie it in

It's my busy time at work, so I doubt I have enough time to sail there.
However I may be able to drive up for a day.
It would sure be nice meeting some of you, and seeing what you have done to your boats.

Crossing my fingers hoping that UK has my sails finished by then.
I will request that date with my order, being confirmed next week

If someone has a 25 mk1 with a stock mast and rigging there it would be even better demoing them on it.

Oh Kevin,
That's great to know.
I may be looking to get my cushions upholstered at that time.
Yes! Boat or no boat it will be great to meet everyone.

I am a member of the Bluewater Sailing Association. Would anyone be interested in learning about blue water adventures and a bit about the organization? It is a great group with a lot of learning opportunities in addition to another group of sailing peeps.

Stuphoto

Member III
I am a member of the Bluewater Sailing Association. Would anyone be interested in learning about blue water adventures and a bit about the organization? It is a great group with a lot of learning opportunities in addition to another group of sailing peeps.
That is something I would be interested in.

I am still a newbie, but would love to sail out further the future.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Definitely interested in learning more about this, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.