• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2022 Ericson PNW Rendezvous, Genoa Bay July 22-24

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I'm, unfortunately, not going to make this one. Can't spare the time to get up there and back. (All work + no play = dull boy)

If someone wanted to set up a mini-rendezvous somewhere in the middle of the Sound, I'd love to attend. Maybe Langley or Port Ludlow or Bainbridge or... ? I'd be happy to spin up a separate thread if there is interest.

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Useful-appearing site for quickly calculating route and planning distances. You would still have to factor in tide currents and weather, of course. (Duh)

The site has table for a number of other ports, as well.

Examples: PA from Neah Bay = 55 miles. Sounds right, at about a 12 trip in our experience.
PA to Victoria = 20 miles
PA to Sidney = 37
Genoa Bay to Maple Bay = 8
Genoa Bay tp Sidney = 12

Of course, the trip from PDX to Neah Bay is anywhere from 4 days to 5+ if we get weathered in somewhere. Still evaluating the options, actually.

Last edited:
Useful-appearing site for quickly calculating route and planning distances. You would still have to factor in tide currents and weather, of course. (Duh)

The site has table for a number of other ports, as well.

Examples: PA from Neah Bay = 55 miles. Sounds right, at about a 12 trip in our experience.
PA to Victoria = 20 miles
PA to Sidney = 37
Genoa Bay to Maple Bay = 8
Genoa Bay tp Sidney = 12

Of course, the trip from PDX to Neah Bay is anywhere from 4 days to 5+ if we get weathered in somewhere. Still evaluating the options, actually.
Nice! Thanks for sharing. We are looking at coming your way during our vacation this summer. We have never been across the border in our boat

Getting excited! Talked to the marina today and they are so incredibly welcoming! Will post more details soon!

Have you booked a slip? Will you anchor? Will you stay on land? Anything goes. If you can let me know and I will make sure to include you on the list of attendees!

Shannon

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Excited to meet everyone in a little under 4 weeks!

We're organizing a potluck for Saturday 7/23 @1800 on the docks

Here’s our thought on splitting up the meal items:
- Apps - Swallow, Brass Dragon
- Salads - Eden, Christian (?), Sean (Blackball?)
- Mains - Quincy, Aurora, Ruach
- Sides - Morning Mist, Arcturus(?)
- Desserts - Fresh Air, Kamell
The question marks are still questionable attendance from what I can see. If you see a question mark by your name (or are planning to come and don’t see your name) please let us know your intentions so we can adjust as needed.

Please post any food allergies so people are aware and can plan around them as possible.

Post back here with any questions or message Chris & I directly.

Thanks!

The question marks are still questionable attendance from what I can see. If you see a question mark by your name (or are planning to come and don’t see your name) please let us know your intentions so we can adjust as needed.

Please post any food allergies so people are aware and can plan around them as possible.

Thanks!
Perfect! Salad it is.

Virginia

Member II

Thanks!
Good to go on appetizers. If others need a switch, let me know.

Brass Dragon

Member II
I'm sorry folks, Something has come up and we can not get up to the rendezvous this time. Looks like will be great fun. Maybe next time....

hjohnson

S/V Sagres
Hi Everyone,

Just booked in with the marina to get there on my ‘73 E27 Sagres. Happy to bring anything needed for the potluck. My icebox has mechanical refrigeration, so happy to provide some beverages.

hjohnson

S/V Sagres
Sorry for the additional post, but I’d also be happy to talk/present/show off the big Lithium upgrade that we did to our electrics this past spring.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Hi Everyone,

Just booked in with the marina to get there on my ‘73 E27 Sagres. Happy to bring anything needed for the potluck. My icebox has mechanical refrigeration, so happy to provide some beverages.
Excellent! Looks like we are light on dessert right now, can you take that on? Of course beverages are always popular, too….
Would love to learn about your lithium system, and I‘m sure others would, too.
Look forward to meeting up!

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Shannon,
Your request for each boat to provide ten items for the welcome bag. Does that mean one item x10, ie. one for each of ten boats, or ten different items?
Frank

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Shannon,
Your request for each boat to provide ten items for the welcome bag. Does that mean one item x10, ie. one for each of ten boats, or ten different items?
Frank
We were thinking 1 x 10 ie one for each of ten boats. Good question Frank, thanks for checking.