• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

28'er, Lewmar aft fixed portlight

dpddj

Member I
Okay, this very much puzzles me. I bought Nereus last fall and am fixing her up. I ordered 4 new Lewmar portlights (2 each 4L & 4R) since the current ones leaked like a sieve and looked hopeless to rebuild. I popped in the p/s foreward ones today. The cutout openings for the rear ones are actually larger by a bit on the slope than the new Lewmars, so there is a massive gap! Of course, I did not notice that when I pulled them in fall. Anybody know who makes the rear ones? They look like and taste like Lewmars but Lewmar says they are not a current model.
Know anyone who can rebuild them? Select _Plastics did not seem too interested.
Thanks -
Dave

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Machice a base.

Could you have base machined to fit to create at tight fit? Just a thought. If they are no longer available to fit the curve base where it is mounted, it maybe your only reasonable choice.

On my custom portholes on my E27 over the main cabin I used large O-rings to create the outside seal and the inside seal is a rubber seal that is part of the glass of the portholes. My portholes are brass casted grating with a glass lense and were originally a cover for a commercial underwater swimming pool light.
KJ

Last edited: