• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

30+Bulkhead

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Since no one else has jumped in here, I guess I will. Others know more about the construction of these boats than I, but my observations of several bulkhead repair threads here seems to indicate that they are glassed to the inside of the hull. Removing would involve cutting out the old bukhead and "tabbing" in a new one. I seem to recall a repair thread where just the rotted portion of the bulkhead was removed, and new material attached in some way to the remaining good portion.

dbellsr

30+ port bulkhead

I did some work on my boat and the port bulkhead is bolted thru the settea and glassed or tabed to boat side haul.

As for replacement of part and not all of the bulkhead it can be done but you need to be verry good at doing this. If not done correct you can lose the strength between the tow peices that are bing joined. I hope this helps.
Thanks
David

jengels

Member II
Bulkhead

Mark and David, thanks for getting back to me. I haven't taken possession of the boat yet but I've able to check everything out inside and out. Until I can get in there and start taking stuff apart I'm just guessing as to how this thing was put together. I am familiar with fiberglass work and the West System. I am currently in the middle of replacing two bulkheads on an old Bristol 22. When I commence with the Ericson I will document the entire affair with pictures and information for the benefit of anyone else considering this project.

Thanks again guys, John

Last edited: