• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

30+ crossing cockpit drains

Jaybee

Cocoa, FL 1984 30+
Didn't really find what I was looking for on a search. Lots of stuff about moving the cockpit drains to above the water line.

Anyhow, any reason why I couldn't cross them instead of having them on the same side on a 30+?

Thanks

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
For what it is worth, when I changes my cockpit drains, I cross them. It's is best practice to ensure drainage when heeling.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
While Mark is correct in the above post, we have never had water come up through our cockpit drain in our 1984 E30 + even though we've been heeled at 30 degrees or more, toe rail almost in the water. Hoses are not crossed in our boat.
Frank

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Seems posts come up about the subject periodically. From what I've read over the last few years, I'd guess it's about 50:50 crossed-vs-uncrossed, even on some same-model, same-year boats. My '85 32-3 has uncrossed cockpit drains, but each outboard drain has its own ball valve above the thru-hull.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
I've had the toe rail buried a number of times and not had a problem with cockpit drains. I get the theory but unless I have a issue don't see the need to cross them.