• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

30 plus traveler relocate

Mike Siegel

Member II
Curious if any 30 plus owners have relocated the main traveler system from the cockpit to cabin roof ? Im thinking a set up from a 32 might just fit up there . Only modification would be to build up some base blocks to clear the hatch.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Our 1984 E30+ has always had the traveler on the cabin roof in front of the dodger, and it works well there, with lines long enough to manage the traveler from the helm. It's nice to not have to trip over the traveler at the bridge by the companionway.
Frank

Mike Siegel

Member II
That's the idea . Yours has molded risers on the cabin top correct? I could make teak blocks there . Is your track curved or flat?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Yes, mine has moulded support pieces, and is slightly curved.
Frank

Attachments

• 20211006_122822.jpg
    20211006_122822.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 9

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Curious if any 30 plus owners have relocated the main traveler system from the cockpit to cabin roof ? Im thinking a set up from a 32 might just fit up there . Only modification would be to build up some base blocks to clear the hatch.
My PO cut pieces from a square-section tube (~4" square) made of heavy duty aluminum to make risers/pylons for the traveler, when he replaced the short OEM one that came with my 1985 boat to a wider one, like the later models had, which have raised deck pylons.