• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

32-2 Holding Tank

George Barringer

Hello All -

I have a 1978 32-2 originally equipped with an ElectroSan which 1)which can not be used in my coastal cruising area and 2) which was also quite dead when I purchased the boat so immediately removed it and resorted to a porta-potti. I intend to replace it with a holding tank and it has been suggested by others that there is a Ronco tank which was meant for the 32-2 and which will fit in the forepeak in one of the locker areas. Does anyone have any information, thoughts, or advice?

Thanks very much

George Barringer
Enterprise
Mattpoisett, MA

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hello All -

I have a 1978 32-2 originally equipped with an ElectroSan which 1)which can not be used in my coastal cruising area and 2) which was also quite dead when I purchased the boat so immediately removed it and resorted to a porta-potti. I intend to replace it with a holding tank and it has been suggested by others that there is a Ronco tank which was meant for the 32-2 and which will fit in the forepeak in one of the locker areas. Does anyone have any information, thoughts, or advice?

Thanks very much

George Barringer
Enterprise
Mattpoisett, MA
Interesting to hear about a specially designed holding tank. I’ll need to check that out and it’s capacity.

Our current standard square cornered flat bottom tank which holds 10 gallons was squeezed into the port side storage locker in the V Berth on our ‘73 E32-2.

It’s served us well since it’s installation in 1990 but it would be nice to have a tank with more capacity.

Although I don’t have photos I can currently add of the installation and hose layouts, I can in about two weeks if it would help you?

George Barringer

Hello and thanks

I would appreciate seeing your installation and any part information you have.

While you are doing that I will contact Ronco - I do have a lead on the information and will let you know.

Thanks again

George Barringer

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hello and thanks
Hello and thanks

While you are doing that I will contact Ronco - I do have a lead on the information and will let you know.

Thanks again

George Barringer

Great George!! ...PLUS I found some of the photos as well!

We still use the “Y” valve set up ...with the old through hull side locked off of course. (It was kept in case we should ever return to Florida and again do any distant offshore cruising.)

The original small above the sink cabinet was somewhat inefficient so we opted instead for open bin storage still using the old hand rail. The sink faucet was also moved further aft (left of the sink) to increase the limited counter space.
517D398C-E2F7-4603-B155-F852B829AF30.jpeg
A shelf was then made & added half way up using a SS railing purchased from Rockwell (Had to add pieces of Teak trim as it was a bit short on width) along with wood trim plates to cover chain plate bolts.
764DCE7E-3109-40D3-8DAF-67A56FA4C7C5.jpeg

The old bottom cabinetry was replaced with new marine ply plus well coated with epoxy on the bottom and slightly above in case of any head or valve leaks. The old sliding door frame and doors were able to be used again.
10CDA633-27EA-4C78-80DE-90762BDF841D.jpeg
Note the piece of EvaTeak as a head base. This was to help get the head a bit higher above the waterline.

(The flooring is PlasDeck and the back walls were done with a soft rubber backed woven vinyl used for pontoon boat flooring available online.)
42637447-ECF4-4FDF-B9B0-C8C3DBEE34B0.jpeg

This plumbing photo looks complicated like a Disney waterslide ride ...but I’ll do another image with arrows pointing out what’s what and the flow plus new photos of the holding tank compartment when I get back home.
CAD22686-5633-4402-949F-1699EF9D2B11.jpeg

More to come in about a week!
-kerry

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hello and thanks

Thanks again

George Barringer
Back again George ...with a graphic explanation of which hoses go where on the previous photo....any questions - just let me know. (The "hodge podge" of reducer connections from the head sink was necessary to fit the intake to head water valve.)

You'll notice a second line coming from the pressurized water. It goes to the galley sink. (We moved our pressure pump up close to the V-Berth tank, so simply "Teed" a line from the head sink to it.)

...I'll still send you a photo of the holding tank area when I get back home.
-kerry
Head Plumbing Layout.jpg