• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

32-3 galley drawer removal

gulfcoaster

Member III
Hi guys! I have a '87 32-3 and need drawer help. The little latch that locks the drawer shut on the top drawer in the galley is loose. The wood which holds the metal tap above the drawer appears to be split. The thing slides on a plastic track, but I can't seem to find a release to completely remove the drawer to make the repair. HELP!

gulfcoaster

Member III
Hi Gary. I'll look for that push up thing this weekend. The only Gary I know has an 87 32-3 named Solstice. It was berthed at Legion Point..Have you moved and are you the same guy?

rhewitt

Member II
Thanks for the tip... I just bought (ordered) 2 of them for our E34. The old ones just rusted out from the back out.

good site, for wood working, I will be in the USA for three weeks after Monday the 19th and will bring them back down. Good to have the catalog.

Ralph

Where's the catch?

Hi. I'm "the other Gary". We've had a 38 named "Starlight" in the same berth at WHYC for the last 17 years. I'm going to experiment in attaching a pix here. I'll be sure to say hello the next time we get over your way.

The catch you're looking for is at the center of the slide attached to the bottom of the drawer. IIRC, it should become partially visible when you pull the drawer all the way out. It will catch the end of the track - push up to release.

Attachments

• Starlight.JPG
    Starlight.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 64
That is us.

We're out of town the next two weekends - a teenager is a high-maintenance thing to have. I'd enjoy getting together. I'll leave you a private message when we get back to the boat in June.