• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

35-2 Head photos?

RonmryD

Hello forum!

I have been tasked with replacing a torn-out head in the 35-2. I have scoured the forums and web for photos of the main cabin floor to head lip detail. All the photos are from the head up. I need to see what shape the "shower pan" is and how the head door seals to it.

Does anyone have photos to share?

Thank you.

Aaron
Seattle

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I am not exactly sure what you are asking for. I will be glad to shoot you pictures of anything you need next week when I am at the boat. The shower pan is part of the cabin sole. It is flush with the sole of the main cabin. There is a fiberglass lip across the doorway that is the same height as the seam between the glass and woodwork of the walls (about 3 inches). The platform for the head is at the same height and begins at the doorway. The aft edge is the glass below the bulkhead and the outboard lip is formed below the cabinets. the pan is square (or rectangle). Is this what you need details of? Let me know, Edd

RonmryD

the lip is it

Thanks for the offer Edd!

As the prints I have are just line drawings from the manual and sales brochures, I have no dimensions or details of that lip between the head floor and the main cabin. Is it thin or thick? Does the door come to rest over the lip or against the cabin side? Is there a drain in the pan? (I am assuming that one but it tells you just how many people shoot pictures of the floor of their head!)

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
The lip is under the door and about as wide. The drain is about 3" in from the lip and about 3 inches from the aft wall. I will be sure and place a tape measure in the photos for you. It sounds like someone has cut the floor out if you need these pictures. If that is the case you have an unenviable job in front of you. You may be just as well of to have one of us make you a mold from ours then make a piece from that. Do you have any pictures of what you are starting with? Edd

RonmryD

Thanks again. The boat was stripped to the ribs to make her a racing goddess. So what I have is the fiberglass hull. This picture is looking aft.

IMG_1696-01.jpg

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
here are som pics. sorry for the mess but it is under construction. Edd

Attachments

• SSPX0044.jpg
    SSPX0044.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 47
  • SSPX0045.jpg
    SSPX0045.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 67
  • SSPX0046.jpg
    SSPX0046.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 39
  • SSPX0047.jpg
    SSPX0047.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 51
  • SSPX0048.jpg
    SSPX0048.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 62

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
here is some more

Attachments

• SSPX0049.jpg
    SSPX0049.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 46
  • SSPX0050.jpg
    SSPX0050.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 41
  • SSPX0051.jpg
    SSPX0051.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 41
  • SSPX0055.jpg
    SSPX0055.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 52
  • SSPX0056.jpg
    SSPX0056.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 42

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
and a couple more. Hope you find everything you need, if not just let me know and I'l get them for you. Edd

Attachments

• SSPX0057.jpg
    SSPX0057.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 46
  • SSPX0058.jpg
    SSPX0058.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 65

RonmryD

Thank you so much. I didn't get an email about your post so I didn't see them until today (hence the long over due thanks).
Looks like I am going to use EPS foam as a form base and fiberglass over it to get the shape shown. Is your heads floor integral to the hull or is it a separate piece?

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
the entire floor is one piece. I believe that it was placed into the hull then the cabinetry work was set in then the deck added last. You should be able to see where it was cut away from the sole panel that runs from the companionway to the aft face of the V berth. I think it is only "attached" to the hull on the port side and then only at the head pan and at the nav station. The rest of the sole seems to "float" on the support structure beneath and held in place by the cabinets. Edd