• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

35 MK 2 Holding Tank

George Fitch

My '78 35 MK 2 presently has a 14.5 gallon Imtra Nauta flexible holding tank under the middle port side dinette cushion.

I read Sean's very nicely documented tank replacement for his 35 MK 3 and I would like to do something similar. I would like to gain some capacity and would prefer rigid over flexible.

The layout of my MK 2 does not exactly match that of the MK 3.

Could anyone tell me what was original equipment for this boat, both the location and style? There is some room under the forward dinette cushion where the head out-take sea-cock is, but I do not know if that was original location of tank.

Is there an off-the-shelf tank that would fit well or would I need to make careful measurements and have a custom tank made?

Thanks for any help.

George

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
www.kracor.com

They made the original, which went just aft of the main bulkhead behind the head. Take a look at their options, as you may be able to get a larger tank than the original 9G in there if you are willing to do some carpentry. You can also try:

www.ronco.com

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

chaco

Member III
E35II Holding Tank

The Holding Tank is a Ronco B245 - 24L X 16W X 9H with Inspection Port.
All Ericsons are not created equal....so measure the space and make sure
you can install the 1 1/2" #148 Shields Hose and get the Settee lid back on.
All of this is discussed in "32-2 Holding Tank and Head Replacement" with pics

Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails

74' E35-II #382
Oceanside Harbor, CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by chaco : 02-20-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: add pic EEE

hathanger

Member II
holding tank

George, I used the B192H.D. on our 35mkII and it fit perfectly with a 6" inspection port on top and an extra vent to have better air circulation, it works great. Ronco Plastics total cost $172.0 ( Hat Hanger ) 1984 # 164 Hope this helps. Chip