• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

88' Ericson 34-2 for sale

patrscoe

Member III
I am selling my Ericson 1988 34-2 sailboat. I will be contracting with a broker after Jan 1st or around that date but will be putting it out here and a few other places prior signing a broker. It is currently at her slip and will be going on the hard the first week of Dec. It is located in the lower section of the Chesapeake Bay.
I have owned her for 5 yrs and immensely enjoyed sailing her and as you see below, have maintain and upgraded many items through this period. No ideal how much I put into her on these items, maybe $10k (new genoa and roller furling was $3,200, and the high tech halyards where $500 alone) but that's just part of ownership.
I have sailed her nearly every 2 weeks or so this year, mainly weekend sailing with a longer sails.
I am selling her for $35,600 Not sure what I will be asking when I signed with a broker.
Email or PM with any questions. The pictures below are recent and I will be taking additional pictures and will be available via link later this week.

Sail Inventory
- Full batten main sail with one reef point (good condition)
- 125% Genoa (new 2019 - still very crisp material)
- 150% Genoa (excellent condition)
- 100% Headsail (heavy sail)
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- (2) older laminate racing head sails. Usable but shows their age
Running Rigging
- High tech main and genoa halyards (2022)
- Genoa sheets (2019)
- Spinnaker sheets (2019)
- Mainsheet (2020)
- Spinnaker halyard (2019)
- 2 line reefing
- Outhaul and cunningham controls led aft
Profurl roller furling system (2019)
Good portion of the mast base blocks are newer, between 2019 to 2022
New 2022 Mainsheet blocks - high tech blocks

Universal M025XP Diesel engine
Well maintain. Not sure the hours but when I purchased the sailboat, the mechanic indicated that it appeared to have low use.
Between 2020 to 2022, replaced all fuel lines with marine grade along with fittings and hose clamps, upgraded the fuel filter system with a Racor 500 series, replaced all fuel injectors in 2022 and associated hoses, replaced all the glow plugs and added a solenoid.
Stuffing box was repacked in 2018 and replaced the cutless bearing at the same time
2 blade fixed
Replaced the engine intake, galley sink and water intake seacocks with bronze seacocks with 5/8" thick G10 backer plates

All deck hatches lens have been replaced with smoke grey.
Canvas
- Dodger
- Main sail cover
- Helm cover

Interior
Standard per 34-2 set up
Just finished touching up the teak with varnish
Teak and holly sole could use a refinishing

Leather wrap on wheel (2020)
New Seaview Pod (2022) for my Simrad NSS7 chartplotter with Nav charts for Chesapeake Bay
I removed the old depth and wind instruments and in the process of installing new Raymarine insturments.
I have purchased the complete Raymraine i60 wind instruments with mast head transducer
I have already installed a new depth transducer - just need to install the depth head and run the wire.
Autopilot Raymraine EV100 (2020)
Raymarine network backbone installed. The wind and depth will tie into this backbone system.
If I sell her in the next month or two, I will leave the new instruments for the new owner.

I think that's about it. Any questions - email or PM.

Attachments

• IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3842.jpg
    IMG_3842.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3991.jpg
    IMG_3991.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4083.jpg
    IMG_4083.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 115

patrscoe

Member III
Yes, it performs well. I have 60' of ht hot dip chain and 120' of rode line.
Anchor costs roughly $350, plus new HT chain and hdw. Chain was expensive for a good ht... My 120' rode was existing and was in good shape so I didn't replace it.
If you are in a good blow, you can add another line to a second hole already there in the anchor arm or around the curved bar, and sink in the anchor deep. The second line will help lift the anchor up when it is sunken in the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 31

patrscoe

Member III
I have signed on a broker to sell my sailboat starting this towards the end of this week. I am in the process of finalizing a purchase of another sailboat and should be closing by the end of the year.
I have completed a good amount of refit, got to know her well and maintain my Ericson 34-2 the best I can and will miss sailing her. I remember buying her 5 yrs ago, and she was in the slings and a guy, who I did not know, said to me 'that is a nice looking sailboat'. and I said 'yup'.

I want to thank everyone on this forum and all have been extremely helpful, kind and provided help troubleshooting issues and great information back and forth, and I can say without a doubt, there is no other sailboat forum like this online, as everyone here already knows.
Thanks again!

Patrick

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Good luck with the sale - it’s the perfect modern layout inside with burly Ericson construction.

I would play up the comfortable rear double-berth that only the late models offer. It’s how all modern boats are laid out now, but only a few of the Ericsons. It was trend-setting in ‘88.