• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A Pleasant Week at Two Harbors, Catalina Island

jav317

Member III
Looking good! Hopefully heading there after Labor Day. Avalon for a couple then Two Harbors and back to San Diego. I haven't been since '05

Filkee

Sustaining Member
She looks good!
I must say, I like the awning more than the beach umbrella shade solution :)
I really like the awning. I've been using the rain fly from my mom's Coleman tent over the boom but if there's any breeze at all it makes a lot of noise.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The awing is dead simple and easy to make with a home sewing machine. For the E381, the dimensions are 10'x13'. A slot in the fabric is provided so the awning covers the companionway.

It is held in place by four lines attached to the 1.5" PVC end caps. They are tied to stays forward and to the stern pulpit aft. The Sunbrella is tensioned merely by tightening them up so the PCV pipes bend.

If wind at mooring gets gusty, strings can be attached to steady the rig, attached to tabs on the cloth and to the lifelines.

Can't sail with such an awning, but it replaces both dodger and bimini when moored. For sailing, a removable umbrella.

Last edited: