• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A terrific diesel engine resource

seizethebay

Member I
First of all thank you so much for this great web site. :egrin:
I have made two posts regarding my 28 "Seize The Bay". I have learned so much and gained confidence to fix things myself. A very big deal for this 48 year old woman! I would still be paying BIG mechanic bills if not for this site. SO I wanted to share with you a terrific resource for parts and information.
A guy I sail with recomeended Joe DeMers at Sound Marine Diesel. He is fantastic. I just saved over $100 on a fresh water pump. He spent over 3 hours researching what I needed and gave me so many suggestions and installation information.
I know he also answers questions from the Sabre mailing list. He doesn't have an online catalog but his web site is at:
http://www.soundmarinediesel.com/ His contact info is
email at JEDSail@Mindspring.com
By telephone or fax at (860) 666-2184.
Office address:
127 Walsh Avenue
Newington, Connecticut 06111 USA
Telephone: (860) 666-2184
I can not say enough terrific things about him. I know that from this point on, he will be the first person I call when I need a part!
Lynne

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
New Links Section (still under construction - but working)

Hi Lynne -
Thanks for the compliments on the site - it's appreciated. :egrin:

On the diesel vendor - if you like them that much, I might suggest you be the very first Ericson Owner to go to the links section on the new site and submit a link for them (you can also put in a rating and comments of the vendor - much like you did here - but in a place where it will remain and be valued by other owners.

I'm suggesting this, as you're very happy with this vendor - and I could use a test by a real user to submit a site for posting - so see if you can navigate the menus, etc. Other registered EY.o users are welcome to do this as well...

To go to the new Links Center, follow the link below - and make sure you're logged into the Information Exchange first - as it's required.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/local_links.php?catid=3

Thanks!
//sse

Joe

Member II
Is there a way to get to this resource by following menus when signing on? Or, do I have to save this link and use it?
Thanks!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
EYo v.2: Links and Downloads Feature Areas

Is there a way to get to this resource by following menus when signing on? Or, do I have to save this link and use it?
Thanks!

There will be links - both in the main menu, and from the Information Exchange (under the new system, these features will be utilizing the same software as the Information Exchange).

Right now, I'm only providing these links because the infrastructure was only just finished, and now they're being populated with info and docs (which takes time and lots of typing). The new systems will be finished by the end of September (while I'm on break) and then we'll make the switch to the new version of the site (and the old site will be trashed).

//sse

seizethebay

Member I
How to post

Sean, I will be happy to post the info on the exchange. I was playing around but was not sure how to post. I was logged in and looking for a "post" type command. I am sure I am missing something. Any ideas?
BTW, you do a fantastic job on this site!