• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A Way To Solve The Winter Blues

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
It has come that time of the year when most of us have tucked our boats away for the winter and are already craving to be out sailing again. A year ago I started to look around for ways to feed my sailing addiction and stumbled across the crazy world of virtual racing. I was very surprised at how many options that are out there. I found good ones and bad ones, long races and short races, you name it, you got it. I played Virtual Skipper and Live Skipper and Volvo Ocean Race Game and looked at sailing areas at Second Life and a few other foreign sites. They all had there pluses, but had big minus'. Then I found this one site called www.sailonline.org and sailed there. It was the finest virtual site I have come across out there. It provided the most accurate and true sailing expierences on the web. It might not be as shinny as others, but it's a real Ferrari of a sailing game. The game is completely free with no strings attached, you dont need to buy anything like upgrades to remain competive. I have no (0), zero interest associated with this site, just want others to enjoy something that I feel is a fun way to overcome the winter blues. Say hi to me, my handle is Bgosh!

www.sailonline.org

Last edited: