• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Add oil pressure switch to existing sender Universal M3 20B

Leander

Member II
Hi all,

My 1972 E35-II has a Universal M3 20B engine with the Admiral control panel and an alarm buzzer. I have just learned that I have no oil pressure switch on the engine block. I do have an oil pressure sender, mounted port side low rear below starter. My visibility is poor, but it seems to be mounted on its side, with its top pointed sternward, screwed into an elbow that comes off the cylinder block. The setup is not the same as the diagram, page 3, of the parts manual for this engine:

http://www.westerbeke.com/parts manual/201009_m3_20b_parts.pdf.

My question: Have any of you ever added a switch when a sender is already there? If so, how did you do it?

Note that this is not a survey on whether you think a sender and a switch together is a good idea-I am already decided on that.

Thanks for any ideas!

Leander

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
My question: Have any of you ever added a switch when a sender is already there? If so, how did you do it?

I put a nipple with a "T" attached in the block in place of the sender and put the sender and the switch in either end of the "T".

attachment.php