• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Advice Wanted: shipping a Ericson 38

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I would appreciate any advice, tips, on shipping a Ericson 38 fro Marathon Key Florida, to Long each Ca...advice, tips, things you learned..if you have done one of these types of shipments...who did you use? how did you shop for pricing and timing?...a BIG thank YOu ++ Richard / Colorado

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

MarineCityBrian

Apprentice Tinkerer
I went through uShip (a FexEx subsidary). You state your 'load', and shippers 'bid' on your job. I was able to do it for $3450 ($3500 with the $50 uShip fee). My shipping was from Dallas, TX to St. Clair Shores, MI, but the same theory would apply.
For reference I shipped an E35-3 (less draft than the E38 I believe) but it did NOT need to have the lifelines removed nor the Dorade cage.
In the end I ended up using a company out of Sealy, TX (helped that they were already stationed near the boat) called Winston Trucking.
Another that was in strong contention but just didn't put the winning bid in on time was Safe Harbor Haulers, LLC. They're out of New England I believe and were also very courteous during the bid process and have experience moving boats this large and larger.