• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

After 44 days of over 100 degrees >>>

1911tex

Sustaining Member
FINALLY: Dometic 16k B.T.U. Turbo ac/heater now installed....unbelievably quiet, went from 94 degrees in the cabin yesterday afternoon to 75 in 21 minutes! "0" vibration....sooooo happy! Ducts into v-berth and main Solon. Weight 60#, lighter by 17# and smaller than the original Factory Taylor which was unrepairable. When unit reaches desired temp, fan goes to lowest speed and cooling pump shuts off. Fan automatically runs at most efficient level and dehumidified water flows into bilge...after 8 hours, maybe a 2 pints of water..bilge pump never kicked off. Fit easily into starboard salon lazarett. This morning, thought I died and went to heaven.....!! Family is very excited...now dreaming of returning from a sail, having a cold one, propping feet up, with an ear to ear smile:

Attachments

• 65F1B05C-FBFB-4D17-A0D6-0438D8E0C54C.jpeg
    65F1B05C-FBFB-4D17-A0D6-0438D8E0C54C.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CCA9FD5D-A383-4F81-9828-43C5E1EC93C6.jpeg
    CCA9FD5D-A383-4F81-9828-43C5E1EC93C6.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 6569BBAE-E2DA-4BA9-AF78-F7C0E182BFB7.jpeg
    6569BBAE-E2DA-4BA9-AF78-F7C0E182BFB7.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 44
  • C14D8C30-384D-4546-9FD0-6BA6099B0DA9.jpeg
    C14D8C30-384D-4546-9FD0-6BA6099B0DA9.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 45

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Original poster here: I have received several private messages asking the cost of this unit...my cost dealer installed $3557 plus tax. Very expensive; however, considering our extended family involvement and having a 360 degree pleasurable top quality sailing and weekend "year-around getaway"...in my thoughts, cost competitive with other possibilities and very functional and practical for many, many, many years of enjoyment! Sure made the ladies happy...! Plus I might add...makes for greater resale value which, hopefully will never happen on my watch!

Last edited:

1911tex

Sustaining Member
How can you put a value on having a getaway and family gathering place? Plus, what else is there that you can spend money on, really.
Ed: I get a kick out of my cousin in Oklahoma who paid $44k for a '57 Chevrolet Impala, beautiful classic, but...sits in his garage and he lets no one drive it but himself...which he does maybe a half dozen times a year....guess it depends on personal interests and how the family fits in.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A colleague who struck success bought a full restored '57 red Cadillac convertible and drove it to work.

The restorer heard about it and told him, "You can't drive that car to work!"

Bolo

Contributing Partner
When I tell some of my non-boating friends how much I spend on slip fees, new sails, AC, Lazy Jacks and sail bag (they have no idea what I'm talking about), bottom paint, boat repairs (that are beyond my skill sets), and other assorted "toys" for the boat......they look at me like I'm nuts. But I'm the one sailing about with my wife and having a grand old time while they're locked down in their homes eating delivered take out and dreaming about that vacation they MAY TAKE next year. Who's the crazy one now?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Ed: I get a kick out of my cousin in Oklahoma who paid $44k for a '57 Chevrolet Impala, beautiful classic, but...sits in his garage and he lets no one drive it but himself...which he does maybe a half dozen times a year....guess it depends on personal interests and how the family fits in.
Private comment said I should correct my post, my error...should be a '58 Impala...they didn't make a '57 Impala, per my cousin. Still value my Ericson as the better choice!