• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Air Filter

jav317

Member III
Does anyone have the new replacement K&N model number for the Universal M25-XP? The RU-0370 is discontinued.

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
Read some of the reviews and said it was quieter than the stock filter setup. That surprises me as I would think the can setup would muffle the sound. Have an open filter setup on my car and definitely louder than the plastic box stock intake. Might be comparing apples to oranges though

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you can hear air flow into a running diesel your ears are way better than mine. The original ERicson-era Universal filter was metal, stuffed with metal mesh. They have deteriorated by now and should be tossed in favor of something new.

patrscoe

Member III
I never heard a difference in engine noise. I did the change in the air filter because it was highly recommended to replace because after a while, the metal mesh could potentially get sucked into the engine. Made sense to me.

jav317

Member III
The differeance is noticable. We think the engine runs smoother and sounds better. We'll see if it makes a differance on fuel comsumption when we head up to Catalina in a few weeks.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
If you can hear air flow into a running diesel your ears are way better than mine. The original ERicson-era Universal filter was metal, stuffed with metal mesh. They have deteriorated by now and should be tossed in favor of something new.
Hear air flow into a running diesel! My 70+ year old ears can’t even get close to hearing that but maybe it’s because of my tinnitus after getting chemo 15 years ago. I’d venture to say that even my 50 year old ears couldn’t hear it. I installed the RU-2450 two years ago and never had a problem with it, although I can’t tell if it made anything quieter.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
just adding another data point for Yanmar owners. The RU-2450 fits on my 3YM20. "Fits" may be subjective as it does contact one of the high pressure diesel lines to the injector. the original housing was in OK shape, but the last time I replaced the foam filter, it was just starting to fall apart. Hopefully this will avoid shoving foam dust into the engine. at $40, it can't hurt. 20220907_182813.jpg