• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anchor drain tube

Mike Siegel

Member II
I know the info is here but can seem to find the specific info im looking for . I have removed the anchor pan on my 30 plus and the copper tube is broken off . Any info and pictures maybe of removing whats left in the hull and what to actually put back in ? pvc or stainless tube ? Just drill the hole out and epoxy the new one back in?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

On my boat the drain hose was very short. I had to install a longer hose in order to be able to hook it up.

I bedded the new stem tube inside with Marine Rx (epoxy putty). I went back a week later and cleaned up the exterior stem with sandpaper.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The original drain fitting with hose barb on the locker pan remains unchanged. I used 1/2" hose to connect it to the new 1/2" OD stem tube.

Mike Siegel

Member II
also on my 30+ there is a teak board that prevents access to the area and required removal of the anchor pan . the teak board is screwed on from behind the pan . Im thinking ill just remove the teak board with the pan out so ill have access to the front with out removing the pan in the future

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
also on my 30+ there is a teak board that prevents access to the area and required removal of the anchor pan . the teak board is screwed on from behind the pan . Im thinking ill just remove the teak board with the pan out so ill have access to the front with out removing the pan in the future
Mike
In our 1984 E30+ I also rebedded the anchor locker and removed the plywood between it and the V berth to clean it all up. I cut a rectangular opening in that board and screwed a white plastic grill from the chandler over it to provide ventilation, then reassembled it all.
I think you could replace the drain tube with either copper or pvc, epoxied in place.
Frank

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
This stuff is bulletproof and will epoxy in well: