• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Another “ordinary” Monday in the bay .

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
It started with no wind and when the fog burned off 15-20kts . Broad reach with a reefed main but full 100% jib . The purpose today was to test out a new tiller clutch. I’ll post a mini review shortly in the “design and function” section.

Attachments

• 69CD6724-C15F-44F2-A94C-FD022380FEC1.jpeg
    69CD6724-C15F-44F2-A94C-FD022380FEC1.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 59DF30C8-90FA-4D35-8869-E4D7196902C1.jpeg
    59DF30C8-90FA-4D35-8869-E4D7196902C1.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Slick470

Member III
We have loved our Tillerclutch. It's a great bit of hardware for a tiller boat. Much better thought out than other devices of it's kind. It was one of the first purchases we made at the Annapolis Sailboat show the year we bought our boat.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I was out Sunday. Sailing and whale watching! Humpback? This is on the backside of Angle island. He/She has been there for weeks now.

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I was out Sunday. Sailing and whale watching! Humpback? This is on the backside of Angle island. He/She has been there for weeks now.

View attachment 38252
View attachment 38251
This is awesome. They are so impressive in person. I was swimming at Baker Beach a couple of years ago and heard something really, really big exhale about 25 yards from me in the water. I looked over and saw a big black form slipping into the depths.

I'd like to think whales in the bay are a sign of healthy bay waters as opposed to something more troubling related to climate. Sad about the dead Gray off of Crissy Field.

Teranodon

Member III
Last week, my wife and I took the boat out for the first time this year. We dropped the hook in lovely, tricky Wasp Passage, between Shaw and Orcas Islands. The Orca whales came by soon afterwards, as a bald eagle wheeled overhead. This is why we live here, this is why we sail.