• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any E 26 owners out there?

rhbj03

Member I
Hi there,

I just got my first boat and it's an E26. Hope to know some folks who own the same boat!!

Robert
Alameda, CA

Sven

Seglare
Congratulations !

Congratulations !

Hit the search button in the upper left and do a search on E26 ... you'll get a bunch of hits.

Enjoy the boat and share your experiences.

-Sven

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
yep

Robert,
I purchased an older E26 two years ago this month. We christened her "Doldrums". She is 1967 vintage and her hull number is 4 according to the registration, but I really don't know of a way to confirm her hull number because I cannot find anywhere on the boat where that number would be. I have searched for hours and finally gave up and just go by what the DMV registration says. I really enjoy her. Some times I just go down to the marina and stay aboard her for a couple of days as a sort of way to just get away from it all. She really rejouvinates my soul!
She is slipped in the Chula Vista Marina in the Southern part of San Diego Bay. I believe that marina is the furthest most Southern Marina in California. It is a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour sail to get out of the bay and into the open water.

Here is a recent picture of me single handing her just south of the Coronado Bridge taken from my buddy Ric's Coronado 25.

Attachments

• dodrums sailing 3.jpg
    dodrums sailing 3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Doug Dobson

Pre 70 E-26

Jim Payton said:
Robert,
I purchased an older E26 two years ago this month. We christened her "Doldrums". She is 1967 vintage and her hull number is 4 according to the registration, but I really don't know of a way to confirm her hull number because I cannot find anywhere on the boat where that number would be. I have searched for hours and finally gave up and just go by what the DMV registration says. I really enjoy her. Some times I just go down to the marina and stay aboard her for a couple of days as a sort of way to just get away from it all. She really rejouvinates my soul!
She is slipped in the Chula Vista Marina in the Southern part of San Diego Bay. I believe that marina is the furthest most Southern Marina in California. It is a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour sail to get out of the bay and into the open water.

Here is a recent picture of me single handing her just south of the Coronado Bridge taken from my buddy Ric's Coronado 25.

I also have an older E-26, my second Ericson, which requires a fair amount of TLC. Like you, I have been trying to find the Hull number. Did you find it, or get any advise on where to find it? I am currently in process of rewiring, and we will be repainting the whole hull. I find it hard to get pictures of the older boats, but have gathered a few, from brokerages selling the few that are around and available. I also want to find an example of installed Pushpit and Stantions, both of which are missing from our boat. I suspect that the stantions were removed because of the narrow decks. Strangely, although I believe that vintage E-26 are fairly rare, there are two on this Island, Salt Spring B.C.
JDD