• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone have a Kubota part number for the Kubota OEM water pump for the M25 engine?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I think it may be the same as the Kubota D850 engine, not sure? My understanding is that there are 2 manufacturers. One is a 6 bolt and a 4 bolt. I have searched and there are many cheap aftermarket pumps, but I want to buy an OEM. It is for an '85 E35-III. Thanks!

JSM

Member III
Raw water pump or coolant pump ? Raw water pumps are non OEM and are usually either Sherwood or Oberdorfer. Oberdorfer is the better of the two and is easily rebuilt.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
JSM: Thanks! Raw water pump...I went to our local Kubota tractor dealer...This is the Kubota brand and stamped part number:
"D750,D850,D950,V1100,V1200 Water pump Industrial Engines - KUBOTA BRAND PART #15534-73030".
If you google this part number you will get dozens of "who knows where made or quality" cheaper parts all over the internet.
I went to our local Kubota dealer parts department, the Kubota pump is stamped Kubota and the part number is part of the casting. I don't know if it is a Sherwood or Oberdorfer...will advise as the pump was ordered from the Kubota distribution warehouse. The cost is just over $200 plus change.

debonAir

Member III
That part looks like the coolant (fresh-water) pump to me. I don't think Kubota would stock a marine raw water pump. That is one of the things that Universal adds to the engine to make it work in a boat, along with the heat exchanger and cooled exhaust manifold.

For Kubota parts I have had good luck ordering from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/ and Kubota Parts Depot https://parts.mbtractor.com/
Their web sites have parts diagrams which help a lot seeing how things fit together.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
debonAir: You may be correct...our Kubota dealer had to order it and I am to pick it up mid week. All I saw was a photo at the service department.....looked like a raw water pump; however they may have given me and ordered a coolant pump? I will report back. and thank you!

1911tex

Sustaining Member
DebonAir: You are absolutely correct.......it IS the coolant (fresh-water) pump...! I am always learning from the pros here!

Godzilla

Just installed a new Kubota pump on my M-25.
Part # 155534-73033 $217.89 at the Kubota Tractor dealer.
Came in a sealed plastic Kubota parts bag from Japan.

Could have a copy off e bay much cheaper or could have paid $436.00 at my local diesel repair shop for a Universal unit.