• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone have experience with this solar fan unit?

1911tex

Sustaining Member

The reason I ask: The negative responses to competitive products are rampant.
Thanks !

Slick470

Member III
I haven't used that model, but I have used the solar only version and it has worked as advertised.

I have also heard that the day/night version can have battery longevity issues.

David Grimm

E38-200
Yes, purchased one last year to replace the existing broken unit. Not much technology in it. The brushes wear out in the motor and there is no finding a replacement. It looks fancy and workes ok as a vent.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I think during the hot summer months, when at the dock and hooked up to 110, I will have the outlet switch on and leave a fan on low power in the cabin. Just don't like leaving any power on in the boat when away, except for the automatic bilge pump.

Slick470

Member III
We didn't have any ventilation in our boat and it was always really stuffy and a bit funky when we came to the boat. After installing one of them in a 30 footer, it made a big difference. I'm sure if we added a second one it would be even better.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I have two of the competing fans which were removed to put computer fans in the boats' existing vents. As Slick470 wrote, they definitely make a difference. They'll need new mounting screws and a rubber base gasket (silicone sheet from Home Depot plumbing aisle should work) and can be yours for the cost of shipping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I1D4S9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pm me if you want them.

This is one before removal when re-glazing the hatch:
i-gK8BtRg-4K.jpg