• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone near their 35-2 this weekend?

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I would appreciate it if anyone could measure the width of the top of the cockpit cubby holes, I am trying to choose some new winches, and am wondering if there is a size limit.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

JMS

Member II
Headed down to the boat this morining. I'll take the measurements and post them. I am assuming that you mean the width of the winch islands.

Joe

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Thanks. And yes, it is just the width of the mount I would like to know, to make sure it does not restrict the size - by 'top of the cubby hole' I was refering to the underside, which will be slightly shorter than the top.

Gareth

JMS

Member II
Measuring from the outside of the wood coaming to the outboard edge of the winch island I get 8.75" at the approximate centerline of the forward winch -> the winch being an original, factory installed Barlow 26. Width at the aft end is also 8.75".

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
That sounds like there is just over 8" to work with, which means I can fit the $3000 Andersens. I.E. price limited rather than space limited.

Thanks, that was a real help - I have not been near my boat for quite a while now.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972