• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Are depth transducers interchangeable?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Are depth transducers interchangeable with other manufactures displays? In other words, I have a Standard Horizon Depth Display that I purchased about 5 years ago and I hooked it up to a Standard Horizon transducer that was already installed in the boat when I purchased it. It has worked fine for years but has been a bit unreliable lately. I plan to haul out in the near future and I would like to replace that transducer but Standard Horizon no longer sells it. Could I use a Raymarine or Garmin transducer with my Standard Horizon Depth Display?

:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Another Maybe

I talked through this with a B&G guy a few years back. If I recall correctly, if the frequency that the depth sounder "sounds" on (ie 200khz) matches what the display wants to use, you were *probably* good to go. If they don't match it definitely won't work though.

That link that Emerald found is pretty interesting.

- Cory

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
"If I recall correctly, if the frequency that the depth sounder "sounds" on (ie 200mhz) matches what the display wants to use, you were *probably* good to go. If they don't match it definitely won't work though."

Thanks Cory, That makes sense to me.

Thank you Emerald for the great link. I was having a little trouble navigating that site though. Every Standard Horizon transducer I clicked on gave me a message saying the item was not found.

Electronic Technology just changes too fast for me.

Thanks for all the help.

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
Part for sale

Don't know if this will work but I saw it on the Vancouver Craigslist this morning.

Misc. new and used marine items for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-558383899@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-01-31, 9:48AM PST

All items are new or as new condition. Pls. email for picts or more info.

6 new 45 in. boat stands.
1 new Xantrex high performance 15A 24V battery charger.
1 used Pro Mariner 20A - 2 bank battery charger.
1 used Pro Mariner 30A - 3 bank battery charger.
1 new, still in box, Standard Horizon DST 521, 500 watt transom mount TriDucer.
1 new, still in box, Standard Horizon FF 250 Fish Finder Black Box. Mates with DST 521 Tri Ducer.
1 new plow anchor. approx. 55-60 lbs. 36 in. shank.
1 used 20 lb. Danforth anchor.
1 as new, 18 inch aluminum seat base.
1 Fab All bulkhead mount diesel cabin heater. Complete with fan, deck fittings, Flue, stack guard, etc.
1 S.S. transom or swimgrid boarding ladder. 2 steps, hinged.
1 small Barlow winch and handle.
6 120v. electric bulkhead mounted heaters. 12"x 10"x 4.5"

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 558383899

Ray Rhode

Member III
Jeff,

Try www.gemeco.com. They sell and support AirMar's transducers. I just replaced my original SH depth transducer. They gave me great support and told me how to splice the cable (which color goes to which color). The transducer I got was a P-17 ( I think). They will want to know what kind of connector your display has (RCA in my case). I mounted it inside the hull with silicone adhesive and it works great. I'll remove the old transducer next time I haul.

Ray Rhode
S/V Journey
E35-III, #189