• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Best marine plumbing supply resources?

Martyn

Member II
Anyone got any-go to online plumbing resources for marine uses? I am looking for ⅜ inch CTS (interior diameter) PEX piping as well as the fittings for my boat. Surprisingly hard to find since most everything in the market appears to be ½ inch CTS. I'm plumbing in a fresh water hose down system.

Attachments

• IMG_4030.jpeg
    IMG_4030.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4031.jpeg
    IMG_4031.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 7

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Hi Martyn. Those fittings and pipes are polybutylene - a product that was discontinued in 1996 due to failures (causing hundreds of millions of water damage and some massive insurance claims). You can still find parts, but it takes some googling. When I replaced a run due to a break I went with the AquaLock brand's polyethylene product. Hope this at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

Martyn

Member II
Thank you William! That is very helpful and confirms what I've been finding so far... I appreciate your help.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I recall that the high-pressure reinforced hose that I used to re-plumb our drinking water system was sold by the industrial supply place for air supply breathers for suited-up workers needing pure air while painting or working around toxic environments. Bright yellow, with a helix reinforcing material in it. Not expensive, either. I recall that it is 3/8"

I threw out the OEM "Qest" tubing, and changed to barb fitting and hose clamps.

This question has more than one correct answer, IMO.
:)