• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Best sailing picture from Summer 2021?

Teranodon

Member III
This was an overnight raftup, with stern-ties to the beach, in a tiny un-named anchorage on the east end of Patos Island in the San Juans. My E34 is on the end. Patos is a gem.

Patos raftup.jpg

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
This was an overnight raftup, with stern-ties to the beach, in a tiny un-named anchorage on the east end of Patos Island in the San Juans. My E34 is on the end. Patos is a gem.
Great picture! Lovely peaceful anchorage. How did you fix the beach stern tie? Did you drive a stake in the sand or tie off to a tree etc.?

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I will penalize myself for multiple contributions, but here's another one, getting close up with a humpback offshore:

IMG_3382 (1).jpg

and my elderly Coronado 15, Bandit, up in the mountains, trying to convince the boat to tack in 2-5 flakey knots, with a rafting paddle. The same day a fire helicopter was scooping water out of this lake to try to extinguish what became the Caldor fire, which threatened South Lake Tahoe and burned half of El Dorado County. Fire still hasn't stopped burning, over 5 weeks later.

IMG_0011 (3).jpg

Gaviate

Member III
Sure, we sailors have fun...but how about a dinghy ride?!
Well I have a cool video that won't upload here but here is 2nd place for after the sail and in preparation for July 3rd fireworks over the harbor waters.Easyending.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
No way to compete or compare with that great Casco Bay 'magazine cover shot' !!
... Here we are with some buddy boats at a small down river port on Sept 23. No wind for sailing but we had a good 5 day cruise anyway. This was just about the last of the 70 degree weather for the season.
Read some books and enjoyed happy hour times with our friends. :)
Winds were about 1 kt gusting to 3 kts for several days !

Attachments

• RCYC boats@ Cathlamet in Sept 2021.jpg
    RCYC boats@ Cathlamet in Sept 2021.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 39

kapnkd

kapnkd
Here’s one from one of my cruises in the Bahamas back in the mid ‘70’s.

We were between the Northern Berry Islands returning to Bimini over the Grand Bahama Bank ...in the middle of nowhere... actually finding one of the marks with only our limited RDF and dead reckoning abilities at that time.

8D2F46A0-699B-4EE5-9F43-380C762CA9FC.jpeg