• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Beta 30 repower in a 1986 E35 mk3

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
. . . found the air leak in the fuel system (in the pickup hose inside the fuel tank of all places!) . . .
Hi Kevin,
We have had a very similar experience since we brought our '86 E35-3 home last fall. I'm still not sure I fixed it. Did this fix do the trick?
Thanks,
Jeff

ToddSullivan

DropKickSully
May 2022 - Continued engine/fuel issues on my 1985 35-3. If anyone has some knowledge on these Universal M25 engines- I would really appreciate a phone call. I have ordered an Injection Pump, Shim kit, glow plugs. Fuel pump was replaced last week. Last summer I had success when I bled my fuel line to get my engine started. I could not start my engine at Launch this year. I am concerned!!!
If anyone has some knowledge to share- Please call me - I would love to hear it - 317-440-9845 - Sully

ToddSullivan

DropKickSully
Ok I finally got the engine compartment back together, found the air leak in the fuel system (in the pickup hose inside the fuel tank of all places!) and took the wife out for her first spin with the new engine last weekend. Her first comment (without prompting) was "Wow, this is a lot quieter than the old one!"

So Loren, you are correct, the Beta's seem quieter than the old M25's.

And man I have all the power I could ever need, and more than I can probably use with the Beta 30. Could have gone with the 25, but didn't want to repower and then find I was still underpowered.

Hope to get her out again this weekend for some more testing.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy
Kevin - would love to hear about this repowering - if you could ever call- 317-440-9845 - Sully

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
May 2022 - Continued engine/fuel issues on my 1985 35-3. If anyone has some knowledge on these Universal M25 engines- I would really appreciate a phone call. I have ordered an Injection Pump, Shim kit, glow plugs. Fuel pump was replaced last week. Last summer I had success when I bled my fuel line to get my engine started. I could not start my engine at Launch this year. I am concerned!!!
If anyone has some knowledge to share- Please call me - I would love to hear it - 317-440-9845 - Sully
Hi Sully,
We have similar experience, have tried things, but no useful knowledge accumulated. I got it to run last fall so we could be pulled for the winter. Still on the hard so we don't know if that 'fix' still works. How are things going now with your engine?
Jeff

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Todd,

Owners have vast accumulated experience with M25, for which troubleshooting is quite straightforward.

Not just here but on other forums, since the engine is popular.

If you want to go through the standard elimination checks, start a new thread here with your symptoms.

You have no doubt gone through many of them already, but sometimes it can be useful to hear others' experience.

I'd venture to say that we should be able to get your engine running without professional help by hands-on verification of air, fuel, wiring and and starter.