• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Big swells

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
OK, I give, I don't read Spanish or any other language than English. What's the story here, where is this place? I want to make sure and avoid that harbor entrance.

Amazing shots!
:confused::confused::confused:

Sven

Seglare
OK, I give, I don't read Spanish or any other language than English. What's the story here, where is this place? I want to make sure and avoid that harbor entrance.

I don't read Spanish either and the best I have to offer is a google translation:

"A big scare is what this boat was carried nearly 12 meters into the port on Saturday afternoon at the port of Zumaia. About seven o'clock in the afternoon and into the creek of Orrua, many boats were returning from a day of sailing. The sea was calm, apparently by a lack of wind but the series of waves entering the bay were very large. Several of these vessels do not control the time of the series and were killed by the waves right in the mouth of the harbor. Boats with good motor can draw all their power in cases like this but the big problem is for those with little motor yachts. This was the case with this boat called Urola. No well-calculated entry in the series and saw the middle of several waves. At first as shown in the sequence of photographs obtained with a forward champa but the lack of engine lets you at the mercy of the next to be engulfed by all the foam. When viewing the present situation and thought that the mast was about to dump, and was able to stand up again into port after a big scare."

-Sven

treilley

Sustaining Partner
That is the bay of Biscay. Some of the harshest marine conditions on the planet. A few Vendee Globe boats were damaged beyond quick repair this year and had to abandon.