• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bottom Job in Middle Tennessee?

IslandTime29

Member II
Does anyone know of a good company in Middle Tennessee to haul out an E29, and paint the bottom and hull?

I'm on Percy Priest Lake.

Gary_b

You might try Rooke Sails in Memphis. I met Chris Rooke, the owner at the marina a year or two ago when he was tuning up a sail replacement on another boat at a marina on Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas. He seemed very knowledgeable and I think he has been in the boat business for several years.

http://rookesails.com/

Phone: (901) 744-8500

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Bottom Job In Middle Tenn.

Justin- I keep my Ericson 32-3 At Blue Springs Marina in Ten Mile,Tn. which is located about 45 miles southwest of Knoxville. They have a travel lift and are set up for sail boats. Blue Springs is a fairly large sailboat marina and they do a lot of bottoms. If I can be of any more help just let me know. Dan Callen Ericson32-3 Andiamo

thomthod

Member II
One added note: I highly recommend Amercoat 215 by PPG. I use the hard stuff and the do make a ablative. I used it on my morgan and it runs about 100/gallon. Trinidad goes for about 300 these days, to me its the same thing if not better. Just that people like Don Casey and Dennis Conner are not getting thier endorsement royalties from Petit.

Regards

T

Blooz Traveler
Ericson 29

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
PPG Amercoat antifouling paints

Can you provide more info on where you purchased the Amercoat paint? Did you apply this yourself?

I looked at the PPG website and there appears to be another paint, ABC3, that has an up to 5 year service life, but I am not sure it would be available in California. The Amercoat 214 has a 2 year service life and is a low VOC paint.