• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cabin Gingerbread Winter Projects

kapnkd

kapnkd
As we Northerners now get stuck with those seasonal foul, cold, and rainy/snowy days, I like to turn to what I consider “boredom beater projects”. They are short yet enjoyable distractions that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time without a huge effort.

After many painstaking finger sore hard hours of polishing back up my brass ship’s clock, gimbaled oil lamp, barometer and thermometer...I decided it’s BEYOND time they also take up winter residence at home out of the harsh cold and brass dulling extremes. GOOD for the brass and my hands!

I first decided on creating a base for my clock to sit on and then, while at it, a single background plaque for the oil lamp & smoke bell.

Using scrap pieces of thick (3/4” Teak), I was able to complete both projects with a little creative thinking.

The clock base was straightforward and easy. I even included a key holder on the side.

1CEC9F82-0119-422F-84DA-852E484F38EC.jpeg

My last piece of thick Teakwood was a bit short, so had to add a horizontal piece separated by two thinner pieces of Basswood that’ll have a brass placard with our boats name & production year date on it. (Still working on the finish as I wasn’t happy with the first coat.)

F6CADCD6-731B-4B1C-BCA7-A5798859E5F2.jpeg737FDDFE-D444-4983-9821-EF4E11FD55AB.jpeg

8987342E-B361-4921-A1D5-C95AE7F70325.jpeg