• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cabin redo on Ericson 38 1982...

Ralph Hewitt

Member III
Going to have to rebuild total port side to head bulkhead. Please send pictures of yours and or drawings of what you would do?
Do I need chart tubes, chart table? Do I need pull divider for privacy?
Give me some input.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
This is a 381. I think you have a 38, probably with privacy divider around the chart table.

As you can see, that was removed from the 381.

In 2023 does anybody really need a chart table? I would probably appreciate an easy chair more, in that location. A single chair, positioned to face athwartships., for reading or napping..... Chichester designed one for alone around the world. I'd like to have one, just for the harbor.

I don't think my boat has anything structural down the portside cabin, the whole middle of the boat seems not to need support.

Ericson 381 ('84) interior-001.JPG...Ericson 381 ('84) nav station-001.JPG

The cabin table has been temporarily removed in the picture at left.

Ralph Hewitt

Member III
This is a 381. I think you have a 38, probably with privacy divider around the chart table.

As you can see, that was removed from the 381.

In 2023 does anybody really need a chart table? I would probably appreciate an easy chair more, in that location. A single chair, positioned to face athwartships., for reading or napping..... Chichester designed one for alone around the world. I'd like to have one, just for the harbor.

I don't think my boat has anything structural down the portside cabin, the whole middle of the boat seems not to need support.

View attachment 47026...View attachment 47027

The cabin table has been temporarily removed in the picture at left.
Thanks so much Christine.
Yes it had the privacy folding divider and sliding door too (could never get it to be quite).
Also small table on starboard with facing seatting..
Thinking of leaving the big table out for more space?
Lounge chair sounds good with storage under it.
This is also a great time to take out the fuel tank and fix or replace...
I've been using a 6 gallon "day tank" I rigged from an outboard, only use when coming head to wind and pick up mooring.
Keep the ideas coming.
LOVE your videos and so do all of my young men, Sea Scouts. Books too.
THANKS