• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Can you identify this transducer manufacturer and model?

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Attached are some pics of the speed transducer on my boat. It has not been installed since I have owned the boat. (The through hull fitting has always had a blanking plug in it.) It appears to me that the through hull fitting and the transducer will not fit each other; the transducer is shorter than the through hull fitting appears to be long. The transducer is also a smaller diameter than the inside diameter of the through hull fitting. I have seen that some transducers have an insert that goes into the through hull fitting then the transducer goes into the insert; but that still wouldn't account for the shorter length of this transducer.

I know the transducer works because the display registers when the paddle wheel is spun by hand.

There are no identifying marks on the transducer itself. The control panel and display are marked International Marine Instruments and "Combi"

Can anyone identify this transducer manufacturer, model number and the frequency at which it operates? (The depth transducer cable has a tag attached to it that reads 200Mhz. Would the speed transducer operate at the same frequency since it is attached to the same control panel?)

Attachments

• IMG_0097sm.jpg
    IMG_0097sm.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0101sm.jpg
    IMG_0101sm.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0102sm.jpg
    IMG_0102sm.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

tadslc

Member III
I can not answer your question about the specifics of the transducer but I do know that 200Mhz is pretty much a standard frequency for knot meter transducers.

Also, my old instruments were SR Mariner brand and they used a smaller diameter transducer than what is used now. I looked at several current brands (Moor & Raymarine) and they were both slightly larger in diameter. I finally decided on Raymarine and will be pulling the boat shortly to change out the knot meter and depth meter transducer housing thruhulls.

I think you can also get several different lengths of transducer housings which probably coincide with varying transducer lengths.

I believe Aimar is the manufacturer of most transducers today. Their website lists a variety of choices, take a look.

Tad