• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Canada opening hope

Teranodon

Member III
Here is part of a statement from Trudeau's office:

... if our current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue, Canada would be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by early September.

Concerning U.S. citizens, Trudeau ...indicated that we could expect to start allowing fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Very Good news indeed, although too late in the year for those of us that have to go off shore up the WA coast (and later return southward) to get to the wonderful BC scenery... and of course to meet up the the BC Ericson owners... ! :)

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Wealthy, vaccinated Canadians are flying into the northeast to access their boats. Still no non-essential auto traffic allowed. Pulling into the marina today there were three large crates that a Canadian sailor had shipped in. They were in the process of preparing their 42 footer for launch this weekend. Canadians make up a large majority of our marina members. I don't see any relaxation of travel restrictions until late fall. I'm getting tired of mowing my Canadian neighbor's lawn. Been doing that since spring of 2020.

Teranodon

Member III
It's official: discretionary travel will be allowed starting August 9:

Here is a fragment of the communiqué:

• Travellers arriving in Canada by marine mode will now be eligible for eased quarantine and testing requirements if they have received the full series of a vaccine - or combination of vaccines - accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). They must also meet all other critieria, including the pre-entry test requirement and the need to submit information electronically through ArriveCAN before or when entering Canada. This is to accommodate for Wi-Fi issues on the water. All travellers must still provide a quarantine plan and be prepared to quarantine, in case it is determined at the border that they do not meet the necessary requirements.
There are two things that are not clear to me: how the "ArriveCAN" app works, and the 72 hour testing business. No doubt it will all be cleared up in the coming days. So it's good news. I think.

Alan Williams

We had Stronghold moored in Point Roberts, Washington For many years. We found moorage in West Vancouver a week before the border closed! Can’t get luckier than that!

We’re looking forward to seeing our American friends up here next summer.

Alan Williams
Ericson 34

Teranodon

Member III
We will have to wait longer. The US government just announced that the border will be closed for nonessential travel until at least August 21.