• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Canned Bacon Site Located

Steve Swann

Member III
It's Been Tried Before!

It was pitiful to see you struggling with a can opener on a Keystone a while back, but beer on cereal isn't a new concept, Kim. :egrin:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
You want to see pitiful? Watch Steve Swann try to open a bottle of Rum with a cork screw. Thankful that I was there to teach him how to twist off the cap!! I believe that his cheap beer has created some interesting brain cell alterations.

Steve Swann

Member III
Lefty Lucy

Kim, we all know your vast knowledge inside a rum bottle is legendary. And your deftness opening screw caps has more to do with the name of your dog than with your occasional sobriety.

But, hey we can all say we sail Eriksomes! Some better than others, some more lucid and better dressed...
:egrin:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Steve, with all due respect. Just because you have a full set of cheap foul weather gear doesn't mean you are better dressed. And as well, it doesn't give you the right to spew your cheap beer drivel, slandering my dog Lucy. You, lucid? Hah!

Mikebat

Member III
At $9 for 3 pounds of bacon, those prices are actually better than what I pay at the grocery store for fresh bacon! Actually, with the equivalent of 3 pounds of bacon in every can, the concern that comes to mind is, how am I going to eat all that??

Yeah, on second thought this is exactly what I came to: how can I eat nine pounds-worth of bacon in one sitting? I'll need to re-can it for a few days until I can eat it all.

Maybe Mason Jars? :egrin:

Steve Swann

Member III
Vacuum Sealer On Board

One way to extend the life of opened foods is to immediately vacuum seal what you can't immediately use into remaining portions that make sense for your crew size. Of course, you'll still have to refrigerate, but removing the air is very beneficial to a longer shelf life. Treated this way, your canned bacon should last longer once opened.

I need to caution everyone that these vacuum sealers are to only be used by responsible adults. They can be really messy if they are used incorrectly or irresponsibly. Don't be like Kim trying to vacuum seal his finger after cutting it slicing limes to go into his PBR beer.

Vacuum sealer

I would imagine that a vacuum sealer would work to stem the flow of a cut finger... but not a nose bleed. How ever I would hesitate to use it as a form of contraceptive:egrin: unless of course you were very desperate :headb:. Any port in the storm, as they say.

How did we ever get on this subject :confused:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Cap Dilema

You want to see pitiful? Watch Steve Swann try to open a bottle of Rum with a cork screw. Thankful that I was there to teach him how to twist off the cap!! I believe that his cheap beer has created some interesting brain cell alterations.

I'm all for an international Standardization of Bottle Caps. Just when you get used to twist-off bottle caps someone hands you a bottle of REAL beer;), and you have to dig around for the old fashioned opener..............................or a pair of pliers;). The good mechanical corkscrews have that covered though.

Dave Hussey

Member III
A friend of mine showed me an excellent reason for wearing a wedding ring...as he opened a beer and handed it to me with it :egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Uncle Oinker’s Bacon Mints?

How about Uncle Oinker’s Bacon Mints? And yes they come in a can but it's much smaller. Not sure about you all but space is everything on my little E-27.

Bacon Flavored Mints
Each one of these mints tastes like a delicious slice of crispy bacon with just a hint of mint flavor to give it that extra punch! It may sound weird but once you taste it, you'll see that mint and bacon is a match made in heaven. Each 2-1/4" x 2" x 1/2" tin contains one hundred mints.
Check em' out at: http://www.mcphee.com/items/11706.html

And if you really want to blog on about Bacon go to: http://www.bsbrewing.com/blog/?p=639

Bacon week started just last Monday!!

Bacon mints

Hi Jeff,

Wow, that sounds good. I bet it goes well with cheap beer with a slice of lime. Also, it comes in a tin so you don't have to vacuum bag it after having a few of those yummies (;>.

Fair winds,

Chad

Kim Schoedel

Member III
I wanted to try these mint things with a slice of lime and a couple of cheap beers. Went to the store only to find that some fellow from Southern Idaho had been in and cleaned out all the cheap beer. Something was said about this guy needing to stock up his recently purchased 47' Sailboat in Puerto Vallarta.

Hmmm..... wonder whom that might be.

Cheap beer

Ya know, I think I saw that guy coming out of Wally World wearing paisley foul weather gear, pushing a shopping cart full of PBR and muttering something about cornering the swill market.

Fair winds,

Chad

Last edited:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Bingo!

Yep, thats the guy. Very proud of his foul weather gear. Probably sleeps in it. Must be kinda uncomfortable sleeping with all those empty cheap beer cans stuffed in the pockets.

Man, he gets around, Iowa, Washington, and he has even been seen on Lake Pend Oreille in North Idaho swilling and sailing with some other crazed Vikings.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Some observations on a fine thread

Best thing about this thread: seeing Monty Python on YouTube. I don't recall watching that show during my college years without a cheap beer in hand. I'm lucky I recall those years.

Second best thing: Spam

There are no Scandinavian-made boats named after famous red-headed Vikings (or any Viking), for some reason. The American namers/branders of Ericson Yachts a little over 50 years ago should be remembered as well as our revered naval architect and designer. Maybe we should have a 'shrine' page. With caricatures of them wearing helmets.

Did we forget to celebrate an Ericson fiftieth anniversary? Maybe we celebrate a little with every case of cheap beer consumed aboard.

Tears of joy.

Bingo

Kim,

Last I heard, that guy was in Wy. A blunderbuss in one hand and a can of "Billy Beer" in the other yelling that he could out shoot both Dick Cheney and that Sarah gal from Alaska and that he should be the next V.P. :egrin:

Fair winds,

Chad

P.S. Boy, I think we need a humor section in this site

Last edited:

Steve Swann

Member III
I Wish I Had a Good Comeback...

Gee, you guys play rough! I had a really good comeback ready to write but I sorta forgot. My head is still a bit foggy from last night's CBB (cheap beer binge) and my WMFWG is twisted up in a knot "under where" I am sitting. I am a bit too discomforted at the moment and I just can't remember what I was going to say....but rest assured, you jerks, it was really good and would have really put you guys back in your place. Ha!

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Danger!

Be very carefull Steve. Too many CBB's will cause serious bouts of CRS.

Chad was probably correct. Perfect the CRS thing and you could possibly be political material. What party I wonder. Oh, the Cheap Beer Party. I want to be your campaign manager!