• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Catalina Voyage/Scenery. Video

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Nice, Bepi. Fun to see the similarities and differences between East Coast marine world and West. What are you using for a camera?

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
A Samsung galaxy s22 phone. It has 4 lenses and does a great job. Easy to change magnification and the zoom lens is pretty amazing.
I lived on Long Island for about 5 years (Brightwaters) but spend my time in the city or searching for surf spots along the 120 mile coast. I did no sailing and it was a missed opportunity. The Long Island Sound, the Great South Bay, sneaking over to Nantucket for a surf at Cisco beach, bay after bay, cove after cove, and that doesn't include the rest of the Eastern Seaboard; the Chesapeake and the Intercoastal Hwy, or the Indies. I certainly missed out. Hopefully to be corrected. The surfing was good though. The island stretches due east which means every hurricane in Florida sent amazing waves. I got more tube time at Babylon's Gilgo Beach than I ever got in California. I am blessed to have Catalina a 4-5 hour sail away. I am hoping to sail to some cities this summer, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Oceanside to the south then north to San Buena Ventura, Santa Barbara, and finally the Channel Islands. If I can survive all of these I feel like I'd be ready to go offshore for a while.