Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club Annoucements

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
The Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club (CBEC) will be scheduling a September meeting either September the 29th or 30, date to be determined.

This year we are testing a new meeting format to include Special Guest Speakers, with follow on question period and close out with open discussion. All meetings will be limited to 40 minutes and members will be asked to raise their virtual hands to be recognized prior to speaking. At this time we have two guest speakers lined up for September and October and waiting on November's speaker to respond.

Watch for meeting invitation and Zoom meeting login announcement Friday September 17th. Meanwhile Captain Soule will be sailing to Providence Town on Cape Cod for some alone time on the National Sea Shore.

NOTE: Welcome Back Christian, we look forward to hearing about your latest trip to Hawaii.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Mblace

Member II
How about we do this in person somewhere near/between Annapolis and Baltimore? Kinda missing talking with real people…

Mblace

Member II
I like the idea of alternating face to face and virtual meetings, so those us at the southern end of the bay can attend without taking a day off of work :)
Agree, I live in western MD. Maybe a face-to-face social event a couple times a year, and zoom the rest.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Love the idea of face to face, I know we really had good times meeting in Annapolis before Covid interrupted.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Hello all -

Mark - Don't know why I'm no longer on distribution, but if possible would appreciate being back on it.

fwiw - My kids tell me I'm a retirement failure and I haven't touched my boat all year due to family and the business taking off. Life's good. I'm learning to turn down work (hard) but for now took on recovering an airplane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transair_Flight_810) that will keep me juggling till early October. After that am looking forward to the escape of working on the boat this Fall/Winter without the hassles of dealing with so many people.

Regards to all,
Bob

Bolo

Member III
Hello all -

Mark - Don't know why I'm no longer on distribution, but if possible would appreciate being back on it.

fwiw - My kids tell me I'm a retirement failure and I haven't touched my boat all year due to family and the business taking off. Life's good. I'm learning to turn down work (hard) but for now took on recovering an airplane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transair_Flight_810) that will keep me juggling till early October. After that am looking forward to the escape of working on the boat this Fall/Winter without the hassles of dealing with so many people.

Regards to all,
Bob
Bob, I retired two years ago and am busier now then when I was working as a freelance photographer! So, retirement is not as easy as it looks. But I have been down to our boat on Back Creek much more then before and enjoying it more too. I too have had to turn down work request, which have been hard to do, but not possible after closing out my liability insurance, state tax account and my LLC. But I’m still shooting and doing the kind of work I want to do rather then what my clients wanted. So, get with it Bob! Enjoy that retirement. Our ”sell by” dates are closer then you think.

Last edited:

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Tin Kicker,

Ditto what Bolo said about retirement. I had a rough go of it for the first 5 months and just adjusting now. Currently re-engaging the Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club (CBEC) and more.

I rechecked the distribution list and lo and behold your not on it, that is my oversight, my bad.

So here is the update Re: CBEC - I will be posting an invitation for a September 29th meeting this week. We will have a guest speaker (Loren Beach). Meetings will be no more than 40 minutes and I will moderate. I have guest speakers for September, October, and November and one unannounced for December. The meetings will be open to CBEC and EYO members.

The objective is to bring visual and audio meetings to the entire community to generate a broader audience.

Mark "Souleman" Soule