Chesapeake Ericson club

mjsouleman

Member III
Wondering if there is any interest in an Chesapeake Ericson club. I know what your going to say, the bay is plenty big and we are spread thin, but thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Any interest?

MJS

mjsouleman

Member III
Great let's build from here.
Discovery is in Herrington Harbor North, the house is in Alexandria Va.

Let's start this up.

Mark

Navman

Member III
We are in! The Optimist II is in Worton North on the bay bridge, next creek above Fairlee Creek. House is in upper bucks county Pa. Someone in The Annapolis area was talking about a big Ericson banner they had when there was a fledgling Ericson club on the bay. A few people offered to "take it up" but Nothing ever happened to my knowledge. Going for an overnighter this weekend. 3 weekends left to sail before she is hauled out on the second week of December.

Emerald

I tried to get the club going again some time back. I offered to take the banner when it came up, but the person who said they had it never followed up with me. We had some fun get togethers at the Ram's Head Roadhouse on General's Highway and over at Cantler's and the Boathyard, but never was able to sustain the momentum. That all aside, it would be nice to see it come back together, and I'd be more than happy to contribute to hoisting some beers etc. at a local watering hole etc. I'm between Saltworks and Clements Creeks on the Severn, so good striking distance to most anything in the Annapolis area.

:egrin:

Navman

Member III
South River, West River and the Rhode River are all a day sail from my location. Solomons is either two short days or one long one for me to reach. San Domingo Creek ( the back door to St Michael s) and Oxford are also longish days sails for me but definitely doable from my experience. I guess I am the furthest North. Who and where is the furthest South?

Bolo

Member III
I'd also be interested. Our boat is in Port Annapolis Marina and we live near Hershey, PA so it's a bit of a drive to go sailing but we don't mind it much. And now that my wife is retired we'll have more leeway with our sailing time. :egrin:

BTW, Port Annapolis is a wonderful marina with nice facilities. So it might make a good place to meet up sometimes. There are also moving balls out in front of the marina owned by the City of Annapolis that are available for rent.

Last edited:

mjsouleman

Member III
South River, West River and the Rhode River all sound like a common gathering location.

Anyone interested in a New Year get together at Stan and Joe's River Side (Formally Thursday's) or Pirate Cove?
[h=1][/h]Mark

mjsouleman

Member III
Bolo's suggestion for Port Annapolis Marina is also central and possibly more central.

We currently have a potential 4-5 members, that's a good start for the Chesapeake Ericson Club.

Can we get a consensus on the location? Roll Call anyone?

Mark

Navman

Member III
We cannot do New Years. We have a 3.5 hour drive to get to Nap town, so we would have to decline. We are going down this weekend for an overnighter in the Rhode river if anyone is still in the water and is interested. A few years ago I saw another Ericson in Nap town. I think it was an E-35 . Vessel name was "Gingersnap". I think there are more Ericsons on the bay than one would imagine.

Bolo

Member III
I would.

Bob -

If you've been at Port A long enough you may have known my 32-3 as Rag Time.
We've been at Port "A" since 2005 and always in slip B-17 even when we owned a Hunter 285 "Grace", our previous boat. What slip are you or were you in?

Tin Kicker

Member III
A previous owner had her there from the early 1990s till about 4-5 years ago. Don't know which slip.

I was there a lot for a month last year when my brother in law took delivery of his Pajot cat.

Synchronicity

I would like to see this happen as well. I have a 1987 38' . I keep it on Mill Creek within sight of Cantlers.

New Year's gathering sounds good as well. I am open to any location.

mjsouleman

Member III
If we pull this off the Ericson Chesapeake Bay club will have 6 members meeting early January looks like Annapolis at this time.

MJS

JPS27

Member III
Southies

Yes. Bill and I are at the mouth of the Chesapeake. We're feeling left out. Bill is about a mile further south than I am. You can tell. His accent is thicker than mine LOL. :egrin:

Last edited:

gc_sailor

Rule of Thumb, Electric E34-2
Bodkin Creek

I have an E34-2 s/v Rule of Thumb on Bodkin Creek 20 miles north of Annapolis. Would be interested in being part of a Chesapeake Ericson group. Steve