Chesapeake Ericson club

Tin Kicker

Member III
Me too. Hope to be making/installing all new battery cables. Good times!

btw - I have the swaging tool if others need cables.

gc_sailor

Member I
Doing the same. Leaving tomorrow for 5 days on the upper Chesapeake. Testing a bunch of new installs. Have been on hold for 6 weeks waiting out the ban. Wind is blowing 15-25 knots right now with 30+ gusts forecast for tonight. Tomorrow should be a little tamer.
Enjoy your trip Navman.

Navman

Member III
I will be getting on the water on Friday. Maybe we will pass each other or may be going in the same direction by then (South). HAVE A GREAT SAIL, you picked a good week for it!! You can try hailing me on VHF "The Optimist II "

Navman

Member III
Storm jib is on the boat and the new main has a three reefs and they are all rigged. Sailing on Sunday heading south with the current I hit 9,3, average speeds were 8.2 - 8.8. When I turned around I was still doing 6+ against the current. Needless to say the wind was honkin. Next time down to the boat ( 6th) it will be all set for the DMV trip. How is everyone else making out with their preparations?

mjsouleman

Member III
Good Morning Don,
Discovery's on-going projects will not be complete for at least three weeks. So until I do a sea trial I am not expecting to be ready till late June.
Wow, that is some sail you had.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

vbenn

Member III
Just checked in this website after a long hiatus. I sail "Wild Blue" - a 1998 E380 out of Annapolis Landing Marina. Most of my sailing is day sailing with occasional overnights depending on weather and how much time I have available - - live in Newtown PA and work in Biotech. Would love to keep abreast of activities in the Annapolis area. Please add me to your email list.

Vince Benn
267-799-6545
vjb409@msn.com

mjsouleman

Member III
Hello Vince,

Welcome aboard the Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club. You will be added to the contact list and included in all club emails. The club is in hiatus at this moment due to the on-going quarantine. When things open up we will resume club activities.

You will receive an email shortly welcoming you to the club.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Tin Kicker

Member III
Vince - Welcome to the group.

Don and others - After having two contracts to sell Karens' house fall through she has a new one that we think will finally go through. I'm bringing this up because of the timing, in that her birthday is June 12 and the move out is June 13 and move into the new house is June 17.

And I'd like to introduce Samantha!
:D

Unfortunately with COVID, I just get to run deliveries for my sons' family and see them through the sliding glass door, which is why the reflection in the upper left.
:(

Last edited:

Pamaya

Member I
Hello All,

Two things for the group:

First, trying to synch on plans for the proposed mid-June circumnavigation of Delmarva.

I probably can't do the whole trip at this point, but was still interested in joining the group down the Bay as far as Deltaville VA possibly. Just let me know who is in and the current tentative dates when you can...?

Also, I still think the idea of a Zoom or other virtual meetingplace. I've been working at the boat a bit as with most of the group, so we could do virtual walk through winter projects and lessons learned (or re-learned...).

I am happy to set this up, just let me know on timing and if interest.

Otherwise, hope all is well with everyone.

Headed to Rock Hall to work some more.

Stuart
1978 E-27

Pamaya

Member I
Oh - didn't mean to gloss over the big event!

The pics came in while I was working on the post between coffee and projects this am...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing and nice to hear some good news!

steven

Member III
Expecting next week splash (on the Severn River).
Before cruising much I have some work to do that could not get done at the yard.
After that, planning to be out quite a bit in Annapolis area, on or about mid June.

Zoom meeting would be great.
Pick a time ?

Is there a Covid approved raft up technique ? (social boat distancing ?)
--Steve

mjsouleman

Member III
Several good ideas for club consideration:

mid-June circumnavigation of Delmarva​
Zoom meeting​
My Opinion for what it's worth;​
Mid-June circumnavigation of Delmarva - I will not have Discovery ready for action, till the end of June. Result: I will not be available​
Zoom meeting: I like this idea and would like a club Zoom session in early June to promote the circumnavigation of Delmarva​

P.S. Grandpa, you provided the Sailor genes and she is going to be a water baby

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
Welcome to the club Vince!!! I grew up in the Newtown are ( Washingtons Crossing) and went to school at Council Rock. My wife's family is still in Newtown on Sterling Street so I go down there frequently. Here's hoping to meet you sometime this summer. Linda and I sail out of Worton Creek on the Eastern shore but go down to the Annapolis area fairly often in our 86, E-38 The Optimist II. Beautiful baby Stuart. Where does one find sailing gloves to fit such tiny hands? _/)

Navman

Member III
WOW!!! Thanks for the heads up on APS!! I just ordered my Musto BR1 offshore jacket at the lowest price I have seen and I have been looking all winter long!! Again, THANK YOU! _/)